I Am Losing from Every Side

Word count: 3,020

Want another new update?
Vote ka target complete kariye, aur new update le jaiye!! 🫴

Vote Target: 750
_______________________________________

Devendra's pov -

"Dev!"

I heard Devyani's voice and lifted my head to see her standing there, wearing her night suit. She hurriedly came towards me, concern evident on her face as she saw me sitting there alone.

As she reached near me, she sat on the floor in front of me, worry visible in her eyes as she looked at me.

"Dev, what happened? Why are you sitting here like this, and your eyes... were you crying?" She asked, her voice filled with concern.

I didn't say anything, I just hugged her tightly, as if my life depended on it. I let my emotions pour out.

She didn't say anything or ask any questions, she just hugged me back, understanding that I needed her at that moment. She kept caressing my hair and head, whispering soothing words in my ear, assuring me that everything would be alright.

Devyani's comforting presence eased the turmoil in my mind. Her warmth and understanding were like a balm to my soul. I felt a sense of peace wash over me as she held me close, offering silent support.

After a while, as my emotions began to settle, I released my grip and leaned back, looking at her. She gazed back at me with kindness in her eyes. "Thank you, Biwi," I whispered, my voice hoarse from emotion.

She smiled gently, "You don't have to thank me, Dev. I'll always be here for you, no matter what," she said softly.

"Biwi, I-..." I tried to say, but she interrupted me.

"We will talk in the morning, Dev. You don't have to explain anything to me right now. Come, let's go to bed. It's clear from your face that you need some rest," she said.

I nodded silently, grateful for her understanding.

Together, we stood up from the floor, and she guided me back to our bedroom. As I settled down beside her, she gently tapped on my shoulder, and I turned to look at her.

She opened her arms, gesturing for me to come closer. I moved nearer to her, resting my head in the crook of her neck, and she hugged me. Her hands began to softly stroke my hair once more.

With each gentle stroke of her hand, I felt the tension within me slowly begin to dissolve, replaced by a deep sense of calm. For a while, we lay there together in silence, the only sound being the steady rhythm of our breathing.

In that moment, I felt thankful more than I could say for having her in my life. Her constant love and support gave me hope even in the toughest times.

As I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, her comforting embrace remained with me, wrapping me in a blanket of warmth and reassurance.

The next time I woke up, it was morning. I glanced at the clock-it was 9:10AM. I'd slept for 5 hours. My gaze shifted to the bed, but it was empty. Devyani must have already gotten ready and gone downstairs.

I got up from bed, still thinking about the events of the previous night, and began to prepare for the day.

I don't know what I'm going to say to Devyani. She had seen me at my lowest yesterday night, and I didn't know how to explain why I was in such a state.