You Are Calling It a Emotional Drama?

Word count: 3,950

Please do vote guys!!! 🤌
_______________________________________

Devendra's pov -

After meeting Dadu, Jay went to meet Dad and Sharda Maa, and finally, he was about to go to meet Sanjay Chachu.

But just as he was about to go, he overheard Sanjay Chachu saying, "If your emotional drama is over, can we now talk about the work I came here for?" He said clapping his hands to get everyone's attention.

Jay was taken aback by Sanjay Chachu's abrupt interruption. His face shows a mix of surprise and confusion as he tried to process Sanjay Chachu's word, but he said nothing and stood there quietly.

He just looked at Sanjay Chachu, who stood with a stern expression, his words cutting through the emotional atmosphere.

Dad and Dadu exchanged concerned glances, sensing the tension in the air.

Dad looked at Sanjay Chachu, puzzled. "What work are you talking about?" he asked. Sanjay Chachu's gaze shifted to me, a smirk playing on his lips once again.

"You haven't told them about this also, Devendra? What kind of son are you, not sharing anything with them?" he remarked, scanning the faces of the other family members.

"Mr. Rajvansh, you've already caused enough drama. Let's not continue it. Come to Dev bhai's office room, and we'll discuss it there," Samar intervened, attempting to reason with him.

"Oh! So you know about it, Samar. That is why you're stopping me again and again. That was expected. Because you always hover around as Devendra's shadow."

"Despite my repeated warnings that being a shadow doesn't lead anywhere. You have to fight for yourself, for your place," Sanjay Chachu retorted, glaring at his own son.

"If you don't fight for yourself, you'll always remain a side character," he added bitterly. Samar, however, remained composed, a quality of him which I like most.

"Mr. Rajvansh, maybe I am a side character in Devendra bhai's story. But I have my own life, my own story. And in my own story, I'll be the main character."

"And as for fighting for my place, I've already found my place."

"Dev bhai has given me everything I deserve. Just because something happened with you doesn't mean it will happen with me also," he replied calmly.

Sanjay Chachu clenched his teeth upon hearing this, clearly taken aback by his son's response. "Oh really! We will see how much your Dev bhai cares about you."

"His true color will come out when the right time arrives," Sanjay Chachu said, this time directing his gaze at Dad.

"Can you please tell us clearly why you are here, Sanjay? We don't have much time to waste like you do."

"This is Devendra who has been forbidding us from the start. Otherwise, according to your actions, we would have long sent you to jail," Dad said as he looked at Chachu.

"Yes! Why not? You are speaking as if you would call the police and I would quietly go to the police station without doing anything," Chachu replied to Dad, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"The day I go, I will destroy the entire family," he said, and my blood boiled at his words.

I marched towards him and directly looked into his eyes.

"We had a deal. I asked you for time, and you agreed to that. Then, why are you here?" I asked in a low voice so that other family members couldn't hear it.