Chapter 8 Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

After

I was livid as I walked back through our entrance, my title hanging in my fist and my face steeled in a furious mask. Seth was right beside me, knowing not to say anything as I brushed my hair from my sweaty forehead, still reeling from the events that just unfolded. I was on top of the match, Sasha about to be pinned when the arena had went dark, the Wyatt's video playing and freezing me in my tracks. The lights didn't go out long and when they went on Seth was on the barrier, face worried and I locked eyes with him. That gave Sasha the advantage and she managed to roll me up, still in shock she got the 3 count on me and won the match. Now walking through the halls I was tired, sore and unbelievably pissed off. Slamming open the door to our locker room Dean and Roman were standing there waiting for me. Roman nearly leapt at me holding me around the shoulders, his eyes full of relief and a touch of worry.

"I'm sorry you lost but I'm glad you're alright." He murmured against my hair and I sighed still frustrated, "I know you're still upset but at least they didn't get their hands on you right?"

"I guess but they did cause me to lose and that I am not ok with." I growled, patting my face dry with a towel, "I had that goddamn match in the bag. Now they want to play mind games with me?"

"Ok just breath baby girl. Everything's going to be fine. We're gonna play this by ear until we figure out what we can do about them. In the mean time go get ready and we'll go out for this match." He said softly, hand on either side of my face.

I nodded and headed to the bathroom with the case that Roman handed me, seeing my make-up smudged from Sasha's Bank Statement. I kept my cool as I splashed water on my face and touched up my make-up. I stared at myself in the mirror, seeing the fear flicker in my grey eyes and I hardened them, not wanting to be afraid of the Wyatt's. Adjusting my vest I zipped my case closed as everyone was waiting for me, walking out of the bathroom. Throwing my case on my bag I followed Dean out who was more than ready to go, looking more serious than crazy tonight. Nobody was smiling as we walked down the hall, heading towards the entrance, my hands clenched at my sides. I left my gloves in the room, leaving just the black tape wrapped around my fists. We made it just in time, Sheamus music fading out and ours coming out loud, making us move towards the door.

Dean was the first one down then me, then Roman and then Seth, stopping and staring out at the crowd. I felt my anger and my frustration settle down to a boil as I saw Phil and Sheamus standing in the ring. It was strange to think that only half a year ago I would have been standing with the other two in the ring and now I was walking down the stairs with Shield. Leaping over the barrier after Dean we walked to our corner, Dean pacing back and forth slightly. Seth and Roman crowded around me, taking a moment before going in.

"Stay out of the ring and let Roman protect you if anything happens." Seth began looking at me and talking quietly, "We already know the Wyatt's are in the building."

I nodded, feeling a frisson of fear run up my spine at the thought of the Wyatt's but I stuck my fist in as Seth did. Dean and Roman joined and they turned, jumping into the ring. I could barely stand to look at Phil who was openly staring at me, eyes dark and unreadable. Raking my fingers through my hair I heard the bell ring, seeing Seth staying in with Sheamus. Phil took the time to keep his eyes locked on me and I wished I could understand what he was trying to tell me. Roman put his arm on my lower back, breaking our contact and making me look up at him.

"Everything ok?" he asked, hand warm against my skin.

"Ya I'm alright. Things are just going weird right now and having Punk stare at me isn't really helping." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.