Chapter 57 Putting Us On Hold

We had been back in the bus for a few hours or so, relaxing around the couches, the boys catching up with Corey. I was on my phone, my iPad on my lap, as I glanced between two flights. There was a frown on my face, finger hovering over them, not sure what to do. Roman was laughing until he looked over at me, seeing the frown on my face.

"Everything alright?" he asked, turning everyone's attention to me.

"Fine Ro." I nodded, giving him a quick bright smile, "Just uh...I'm gonna go home for a week. Or to Camden. Not sure."

I could see the disappointment on all three of their faces at the thought of me leaving. I just wanted to get out of here for a while to get my head on straight and with a quick decision I hit the button on the iPad, booking my flight to Camden.

"So where you goin?" Seth asked, sounding incredibly disappointed.

"Camden of course." I murmured, making sure I chose first class and paying for it, "I leave in the morning, at like 9."

"Is Jeff even home?" Roman asked, Corey looking a bit confused.

"Ya, he's home for 2 weeks." I nodded, checking my phone again, seeing the confirmation and then seeing the look on Roman's face, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're supposed to be taking it easy, I know what you get like at the Hardy's." He frowned, making me grin guiltily.

"I will take it easy." I promised, seeing him raise an eyebrow at me skeptically, "Plus do you really think that Jeff or Matt will let me do anything crazy with this monster on my arm?"

I held up the splint, hating the ugly white bandage that was stopping me temporarily from doing my job. Setting it back down on my lap, I gazed at the men in the room, Roman looking satisfied for now. I knew Seth wasn't too happy but I couldn't say anything to him at the moment.

"I should get going though. I've got to fly out in the morning as well." Corey sighed, checking the time on his watch, "Got to do some Superstar Ink tapings."

"Nice." Seth nodded, standing up with him.

"Lila if you want, I could pick up you before I head to the airport." Corey offered, hands in his pockets as he looked down at me, "Save you the hassle of grabbing a cab."

"Sure that would great, if it's not too much trouble." I nodded, seeing him shrug.

"No problem at all." He shook his head, before walking past me, "See you in the morning."

"Night Corey." I called over my shoulder, seeing him raise a hand as Seth walked him to the door.

Dean stretched out next to me on the couch, resting his feet on my lap and I glanced over at him. He had his hands locked behind his head, a lopsided smile playing along his lips. I shifted, getting comfy before resting my arm on his legs, feeling a bit a pressure release in my hand.

"Feeling alright?" he called out, Roman glancing over at us.

"Just sore. I think I'm gonna hit the sack soon, I gotta be up early and I hate flying." I admitted, turning to tuck my feet under Dean's legs.

"You could just stay that way you don't have to fly." Seth chimed in, coming to sit in the opposite armchair from Roman.

"Ha, ha." I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the couch, "I get it, you guys don't really want me to go but I've been texting Jeff lately. He wants to spend some time since I won't be around for my birthday."

"You'll be here right?" Roman asked, resting his feet on the coffee table.

"Ya so I wanna go hang out with him for a bit." I nodded, seeing a mask go over Seth's eyes, "I'm gonna go crash though."

Getting up I walked past Seth, seeing him avoid eye contact and I let out a sigh. Going to Roman's room I changed slowly, my hand making the task harder until I slid between the sheets. Closing my eyes I focused on relaxing, falling asleep lightly, despite the long day.

I wasn't sleeping well and I focused my gaze on the ceiling, barely able to see anything in the dark. Roman was crashed out beside me, head buried in his arms, hair spread out over his back. I didn't want to wake him up so I slipped from the bed quietly, opening and shutting the door slowly. Walking out into the bus I grabbed a water from the fridge, going to sit at the table. Tucking my legs up I gazed out the window, looking at the long row of buses. Hearing a door open I watched with a heavy heart as Seth walked out, a sweater on and shoes. Handing me a sweater he walked past me and out of the bus. Pulling it on I followed him, not bothering to put shoes on, shutting the bus door quietly behind me. He was standing at the front of the bus, leaning against it and I knew this was not going well.

"We need to talk." He began and I winced, knowing those words well.

"You know, those four words sound more ominous than anything I've heard and went through tonight." I said softly, the breeze blowing my hair around my head.

Seth didn't say anything, just stood there with his hands jammed in his sweater pockets. I moved so I was standing in front of him, waiting till he looked up at me, his eyes looking torn and I sighed.

"I really, really care about you October." He started, keeping his gaze locked with me, "Something just feels off lately with us..."

"It's me Seth." I blurted out, seeing him frown, "I thought I could balance this. Work and friends and you but I'm struggling with this."

"So what do we do?" he asked, and I opened my mouth, only to close it again.

I didn't want to do this but I knew there was nothing else I could really do. Pulling my sweater around me I glanced around, gathering my thoughts before turning back.

"For now I think the best thing to do is put it on hold." I decided, seeing him jerk his head up to my face, "Plus I'm not feeling very good about myself, sneaking around behind Roman and Dean's back."

"For how long?" he asked, sounding a bit frustrated, "We can't hide this Lila, unless maybe you're just not as ready as I am."

"What does that mean?" I questioned, seeing him shake his head.

"Usually one person feels more for the other and I'm just wondering if maybe this time it's me." He shrugged, making me step closer, holding his arms.

"If you think I don't care you're wrong." I argued gently, letting him pull me against him, both of us leaning on the bus, "I do but I don't like hiding anything from Roman. That's my best friend and I know he's your's as well. There's just so much on my plate that I don't feel like I can devote as much time to you as I want."

He didn't say anything, resting his cheek against the side of my head, holding me gently. I closed my eyes, leaning my weight against him, Seth wrapping his arms around my waist. I brought my hands up, holding him around the neck, careful to not bump my hand.

"I don't want to lose this." He mumbled against my head, "I don't want to lose you."

"You're not losing me. We'll still be on a team, still ride the same bus and still be friends." I leaned back, seeing him making a face, "I know friends isn't what you want but right now that's all I can offer."

"Alright, I don't want to push you too much." He agreed.

It felt like we were breaking up even though we weren't together. I held his face with my good hand, leaning up on my tiptoes to kiss him. He held me firmly by my hips, kissing me ferociously and my eyes drifted shut. Tilting his head he deepened the kiss, making it so all my senses were clouded by him and only him. After a moment he let me go, leaning back and I opened my eyes. He had a small sad smile on his face as he brushed my hair away from my eyes before walking back into the bus. I rested my head against the bus, letting the wind tousle my hair softly as I chewed myself out in my head. Opening my eyes I headed to the door, walking in and shutting it behind me.