Chapter 91 Watching A Heart Break

Jeff's

The silence and quiet was amazing, the days passing quicker then I would have liked. I kept everything clean and spent most of my time outside, choosing to walk the trails around Jeff's place rather then stay inside. There had been nearly zero contact with any of the guys, only the texts letting each other know we had all made it home. It gave me a lot of time to think, about Seth, and my career and everything else in between. Evolution was still on us and the Wyatt's, while not coming around for awhile, were still skulking around the shadows. Bray's message was still ingrained in my mind too, not being able to shake it off. I was thinking about all this as I walked through the backyard, lost in my own mind. The sound of the sliding glass door broke through my thoughts and I smiled as I saw Jeff walk out, a matching grin on his face.

"Surprise." I called out, hands jammed in my back pockets as we met in the middle of the yard.

"Why didn't you tell me you were here?" he scolded, hugging me tightly, "I would have been home yesterday if I had known. I've got a few days off."

"I know. I needed some time." I answered briefly, hugging him back before we continued towards the house.

"Everything alright?" he drawled, picking up on the slight hesitance in my voice.

"So far." I shrugged, letting him walk in first, shutting the door behind us, "Just dealing with a lot. Dean suggested we all take some time off from each other."

"Oh I get it." He nodded, his suitcases in the hall where he apparently left them, "I'm actually glad you're here. There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Okay, what's up?" I asked, turning back towards him.

"It can wait till later. Should we have Matt and Amy over, have a barbeque or do you still want to be alone?" he questioned, plopping onto the couch, patting the seat next to him.

Sitting I let him pull me into his side, hand brushing my wild hair down. There was no other place, besides with Shield, where I felt safer. Tucking my feet under me I contemplated his question.

"No I don't want to be alone. I could use the company." I agreed, seeing him pull his phone out, most likely texting Matt or Amy.

"We should probably go to the store then." Jeff laughed, looking over my head at the fridge.

Laughing I agreed, sitting up and pulling my shoes on. I was glad I took the four days to be alone and to regroup but now that Jeff was here I felt a whole world better. We grabbed our stuff and headed out to the store.

Evening

Everyone was sitting around the island, choosing the smaller intimate area rather then the table for conversation. After Amy chewed me out for not coming to see her we had all enjoyed an laughter filled evening, winding down with beers.

"So how's life on the road?" Amy asked, glancing towards me, and I picked at my label.

"Good." I nodded, seeing her slightly skeptical face, "No really, its good. Hectic and sometimes it's frustrating but otherwise its all good."

"That's good." She smiled, glancing over at Matt who was looking back at us.

All night they had been sharing secret glances I had noticed, both of them with little smiles on their faces. I hadn't said a word but I knew once they left I was going to ask Jeff what was up with them. The night progressed on, the smiles continuing until unanimously we decided it was getting late. Saying goodbye I shut the door as Jeff cleaned up behind them. Walking back into the room I was going to bring it up but decided to leave it for the moment. Going to my room I changed, getting ready for bed. Throwing on loose black pants and a tank I walked back out, nearly running into Jeff in the process, both of us having the same idea.