Chapter 58 Surprisingly Wise

I was up early, lugging my suitcase to the door as Roman and Dean stood around, both of them yawning. I had my hair pulled into a low side bun, not really able to do much with my hand and my make-up was light. I had on loose jeans, a thin white shirt with a grey leather jacket, Converse sneakers on. It was the most casual I could dress and I turned to face the boys, knowing Seth was still sleeping.

"I'll be back in a week or so." I informed them, seeing Roman nod, "Jeff is meeting me at the airport in Norfolk, it's closer than the one in Raleigh but I'll text you once I'm there."

"Please do." Roman nodded, holding out his arms, "BE careful and make sure Jeff takes care of you."

"He always does Ro." I promised, hugging him around the waist with one hand, "I'll be back as soon as I'm cleared to wrestle. You two stay out of trouble."

"Where's the fun in that?" Dean scoffed, scratching his stomach, hair fluffy on his forehead.

"Well try not to have too much fun without me." I rolled my eyes, reaching out to hug him.

"No promises." He smirked, throwing an arm loosely around my shoulders, head resting gently against mine for a moment.

The moment was interrupted by a knock on the door and Roman went to answer it. Leaning back I saw the slight worry in his ice blue eyes and I leaned my head against his shoulder to reassure him silently. Roman and Corey walked up into the bus, Corey having his eyes hidden behind sunglasses.

"Ready?" he asked, and I nodded, letting go of Dean to grab my case.

"Yup, I'll see you boys later." I nodded, Roman kissing the top of my head as Corey grabbed my case for me, taking it down the steps.

My purse was around my arm as I followed him down, careful not to hit my arm on anything. He parked close to the bus and he threw my case in the backseat, and I jumped in the front seat. Corey slid in beside me and I waved to the bus, not sure if they were there as we pulled away. Corey was pretty quiet most of the ride, only after we made a quick stop for coffee did he perk up a bit.

"Sorry about the silence." He grinned, holding his coffee in one hand, "I'm not awake till I've had my brew."

"Usually I'm not either but I'm pretty pumped to get out of here." I admitted, tapping my foot against the floor of the car.

"Any particular reason?" he asked, and I chewed my cheek, not sure if I should say anything.

I could tell he saw the apprehension on my face and as we hit a red light he turned to look at me. HE took his glasses off, resting them on the collar of his black v-neck shirt. His green eyes were incredibly focused on me, and they should have been making me nervous but instead I felt like I could trust him.

"Look if you don't want to tell me it's fine." He let me know, putting his coffee in the holder, "But if it's something about the three in the bus you have my word it stays between us."

I chewed my lip as we started forward again, focusing my gaze on the road. I knew he was good friends with Seth but another opinion couldn't hurt on my decision last night.

"Say you were thinking about being with someone." I began softly, catching his immediate attention, "But your work is crazy, and your friends didn't really approve and you were sneaking around behind their backs."

"Alright." He nodded, fingers tapping the wheel.

"And you liked them, cared for them a lot but you just kept feeling guilty. Would you..." I trailed off, frowning to myself.