Chapter 30 The Start of the End Of The Year

I heard Dean and Roman laughing in the living room, and I went to the stove, turning it on and grabbing the tray. The bottles were all out on the bar in the living room, ice in the freezer. Setting the tray on the counter I grabbed the ice and went to the bucket, seeing Roman and Dean staring at me, my heels clicking across the hardwood. Pouring the ice in I twisted the bag, setting it in the little freezer behind the bar. Roman got up and poured himself a drink, looking down at me.

"You know how hard it is to keep the guys off you tonight?" he teased, holding the glass in his hand.

"Ya well I might have to throw down with whoever tries to take you home as well." I shot back, Roman looking handsome in a white shirt and black blazer over blue jeans.

"Tom was right, you are trouble." He leaned down kissing my cheek gently.

"Wait we need a picture." Lisa exclaimed, grabbing my phone and pointing it at us.

Roman pulled me in front of him, hand wrapped around my stomach and I rested my hands on top of his. Lisa snapped a few pictures, looking pleased and Roman took the phone before motioning to us.

"You two now." He held up my phone and we stood together, arms around each other.

He snapped the picture and suddenly she threw her arms around my neck, our faces squeezed together. Throwing mine around hers we grinned, knowing we must have looked ridiculous. Roman was trying hard not to laugh as we let out, making me adjust my hair.

"Ok Dean your turn." She called out and I felt my heart skip a beat, wondering if he would object.

"Hold on I just have to throw these appetizers in." I held up a hand, walking to the stove for a moment.

Sliding them in I checked the time, taking a moment to gather myself before turning back. Dean was up and standing by Lisa, eyes still guarded as he watched me walk across the room, standing next to him. Plastering a smile on my face he reached out for me, wrapping an arm loosely around my waist and I could feel the tension running through him. I rested my hand on his shoulder, feeling him relax only a tad. I could feel him looking at me and I looked up and to the side at him, meeting his blue gaze. He had a smug smirk on his face and I nearly lost it, instead just giving him the same look. Lisa snapped the pictures and I held out my hand for my phone, glancing down at them as Dean went back to his chair, grabbing his beer.

"I think this one is my favorite, you guys look great." Lisa commented, looking down at the picture.

She had no idea what was going on between us and I could see the anger between us, even in the picture but I couldn't deny it looked nice. The emotion was flowing from us, nearly matching. He had blue jeans on with a long sleeved dark blue shirt, his hair falling onto his forehead and the days scruff making him look more dangerous than ever. Checking the time I went to take the appetizers out, plating them quickly and setting them down on the island with everything else, finishing the prep. I was poured myself a drink at the bar when my phone went off, No More Words playing and I recognized Jeff's ringtone. Roman raised an eyebrow as I nearly bolted across the room, grabbing my phone and answering it.

"Hey." I sighed, wanting to hear his voice.

"You better not be sitting at home being boring on New Year's Eve Lila bean." He threatened, his drawl soothing the anxiety flowing through me.

"I am not. I am going out tonight and having a good time. What are you doing?" I asked, leaning against the counter, a goofy grin on my face.

"I'm heading out with Matt soon and the boys." He smiled through the phone and I could hear them all calling out to me, making me move the phone away from my ear, "They say hello."