Chapter 48 The End...

I kept my gaze focused on the match, watching each of the boys fight their hardest. They were on top until NAO double teamed Seth, knocking him to the floor outside the ring. Jumping up I left my headphones on the booth, making my way swiftly towards him. Kneeling down I brushed his hair from his face.

"I'm good." He groaned, holding his ribs as he struggled up, "I ducked when I should have dodged."

"Now's not the time for puns Rollins." I shook my head, voice amused.

He grinned as he jumped back onto the apron, Dean getting drop kicked in the face by Phil as Roman fought NAO on the outside. I knew I couldn't do anything but it was still killing me inside to watch them fight without me. Seth had ran across the ring and suicide dived through the ropes, landing hard against the barrier and staying down. The match went on, the boys doing their best but luck didn't seem to be on our side until Roman got the superman punch to one of the NAO. Seth and the other were locked together, blow after blow being struck. I had never been so relieved as Dean rebounded off the ropes hitting Phil. The tension in my chest let go only for a second as Phil rolled over quickly, getting to his feet and planting his foot on the side of Dean's head. Music blasted through the arena as Phil picked him up, landing the GTS and covering him. Seth and Roman were just scrambling to their feet as Phil covered a dazed Dean, the ref dropping to the mat.

"1, 2, 3! And your winner's, CM Punk and the New Age Outlaws!" I heard them announce, Roman and Seth sliding in as Phil slid out by the ramp.

Dean was lying on the mat, Roman and Seth looking horrified as the person who's music played was walking down the ramp. I could barely breathe as I slid into the ring, standing with Roman and Seth, watching Jake walk in the ring, bag over his shoulder. Phil looked triumphant as he watched, Jake stepping the ring, Roman and Seth stepping back. I didn't move, watching him empty the bag over Dean, the large yellow python slithering over his face and body.

"Seems like your standing on the wrong side Lila." He rumbled into the mic, looking at me, "I'd get to where you belong before my little pet here helps you on your way."

Roman and Seth both looked apprehensive at the huge snake slithering over Dean, both of them pressed against the ropes. Moving I motioned for a mic, taking it from the ref and taking a step towards the man standing over Dean. I was shocked, sad and furious all at the same time as I raised the mic up.

"I get that we lost and that I have to go." I said quietly, the venom in my voice audible to everyone and the crowd booed, "But at least have the decency to give me a few minutes to say my goodbyes. Take your damn snake off of Dean before I do it for you."

"You think you have the bravery to pick her up?" he goaded, eyes sparkling with cynical amusement, "Your other teammates are further away than you are but I don't think you can."

"Snakes sense fear," I murmured, stepping closer, my toes nearly touching the yellow body of the snake, "Now, do I seem afraid to you?"

Tossing the mic to the side I knelt down slowly, keeping my eyes locked with Jake as I took off a glove, running my hand across Dean's chest, the snake sliding up my arm. Stripping the other glove off I picked up the tail, resting the snake over my shoulders, head down my arm. Jake looked a little nervous that the snake was so calm, tail wrapping around my arm loosely. Stepping over Dean I walked towards him, eyes silver and he took a step back, wary of me.

"I don't know what your business is with me and Shield but back the hell off." I growled, the mic held between us picking up my voice, "And get the hell out of my ring."

Lifting up the snake I gazed at its face for a second, seeing it's tongue flicker out before placing it in his arms. Instantly it coiled around him and I knelt by Dean, throwing an arm over my shoulder as I helped him to his feet. Seth came to help as Jake walked out of the ring to stand with Phil who was waiting. We all stood in the middle of the ring as the crowd waited with anticipation.

"Lila you can't go." Seth pleaded, the conversation private as we stood in a circle.

"I have no choice, do you think I want to go?" I shrugged helplessly, "I signed the contract, so unless there's a loophole I have to go with him."

"No screw that." Dean shook his head, looking completely wide eyed and furious, "You're not going anywhere Lila, I'm not letting him do this."

"It's ok." I told him, holding his arm tightly. "Trust me, in a few days he'll be begging for you three to take me back."

I tried to crack a smile for the three of them, seeing their devastated faces. My own smile was wobbly as I pulled them all in, Seth pressing his lips to the top of my head, the crowd cheering at us. Roman and Seth's arms holding me tightly. Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes, committing this moment to memory before a voice interrupted.

"Alright, alright enough!" Phil groaned, sounding disgusted, "I got things to do, so Lila if you would please?"

Opening my eyes Dean whirled around, taking a step towards the edge of the ring, only stopping when I put my hand on his arm, sliding it down to clutch his hand. Blinking quickly to get rid of the burn I stepped forward, seeing Phil's cocky smirk. Forcing myself I walked forward, Dean's hand gripping mine tightly. Turning I saw the angry mask but his eyes were panicked.

"I have to..." I told him softly, seeing him swallow, Roman and Seth standing behind him, "I don't want to ok, remember that, but I have to."

Wriggling my hand from his I scooped up my gloves, dropping and rolling out of the ring. The crowd booed as I walked up to Phil, his music playing as I pushed past him. I didn't dare look behind me, keeping my back straight and my chin up. Phil had the audacity to put his hand on my back and I whirled, slapping him quickly across the face, the crowd erupting as I stalked off, not waiting. As I was about to go through the barrier I took one last look at the boys in the ring, holding my fist up to them seeing them raise theirs as I pushed past the curtain. I was devastated as I walked through the gorilla, pulling a hair tie from my pocket. I heard someone calling my name and I turned, not expecting to see Jake speed walking up to me.

"Lila I just want to apologize, Steph and Hunter asked me to come out but I didn't think it was going to happen like that." He said gently, sounding authentic, "I know you and Mark are close and I never realized that you losing would affect you so much."

"Thank you." I murmured, still feeling a bit numb from everything, "They're everything to me and this wasn't supposed to go down this way. We were supposed to win, I wasn't supposed to end up away from them."

"I'm sorry." He frowned, looking distressed, "You were really good with Banana here."

"The snake's name is Banana?" I chuckled, raising an eyebrow as I ran a hand down her smooth body, "Quite a jump from Damien."

"Damien was one of a kind. This girl is beautiful but not used to the spotlight. I'm surprised she took to you so well." He admitted, watching the snake slither across my hand.

"I'm not afraid of snakes, I love them. They've been a fascination of mine since I was a kid." I murmured, loving the smooth feeling of her scales.

"Mine as well." He grinned and I smiled up at him, forgiving him instantly for the ring.

"Lila, come on. We need to talk." Phil said softly, appearing at our sides and the smile slipped from my face.

"Next time I'm around I'll bring her to see you." He offered, holding out his hand and I took it with a nod.

Letting go I whirled around, walking down the hall quickly. I heard him jog to catch up, walking next to me but I kept my gaze ahead, walking towards the Shield locker room.

"Where are you going?" he asked, keeping his voice calm.

"Well I'm not just leaving my clothes in the locker room." I snapped, not wanting to make this time easy with him, "My bag and clothes are in my...Shield's locker room."

"I'll wait outside then." He murmured, leaning against the wall as I turned to our door, placing my hand on the doorknob, "Don't be too long."