Chapter 101

When I woke up I knew it was early, the room was still dark and I frowned, rolling onto my back before I remembered where I was. The last thing I remembered was falling asleep in the couch with Dean but I was back in my bed. I frowned as I thought hard, vaguely remembering the feeling of being lifted up and carried across the house. Dean must have tucked me into bed rather then leaving me on the couch and I felt a touch embarrassed. Getting up I opened the curtain, seeing a touch of pink gracing the sky and I was excited to watch the sun come up this morning. Pulling my hair into two braids I left it slightly messy, knowing Dean and I would be doing some work outs today. Getting dressed in tights and a sports bra I laced up my shoes and walked out of the room. I wanted to go for a run before he woke up, getting an early start. As I snuck through the house I stopped suddenly, smelling coffee and I could see the machine was half full. Making myself a cup I wandered into the living room and froze when movement caught my eye. The door to the patio was open, Dean standing outside already, barely visible in the lightening morning. He was moving slowly, hands stretched up and then moving out in front of him. I didn't say a word, just slowly moved forward as I watched him shift his feet, his movements fluid as water. As he turned his body to the side each muscles contracted and moved with him, back rippling as he breathed out and I realized I was holding my breath. As he turned he noticed me finally, moving into a standing position, already a sheen of sweat over his bare chest.

"Morning." He called out and I finally breathed in shakily, moving to join him outside.

"Morning, I thought I would beat you up this morning but apparently not." I laughed softly, not wanting to break the spell of the early morning calm.

"You just about did." He smirked, and he picked up his own cup, "So you want to join my work out?"

"I'm ready whenever." I nodded, nervous but exhilarated at what he had in store.

"Come here." He motioned, pointing directly in front of him.

Setting my cup down I moved in front of him, facing away and I stood there, not sure what was going on. I could feel him directly behind me and he grabbed my hands, almost making me jump. Pulling them on either side of me I could feel the pull of my muscles stretching as he forced my arms wide and then brought them in front of me, his hands moving to my forearms.

"Breathe in when they're on the side." He said quietly, that raspy voice by my right ear as he brought my arms out to the side again and I breathed in deeply, "And breathe out."

Moving them back in front of me I breathed out, feeling an odd sense of calm falling over me. Moving he stretched my hand above my head, his foot going between mine, nudging them apart slightly and I adjusted, continuing copying his breathing as he moved me from position to position. I lost track of time but before I knew it the sky was light, the first little bit of orange peeking out and Dean dropped my hands.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, and I nodded, feeling awake and rejuvenated.

"Yeah where are we going?" I asked, bringing my cup inside and setting it in the sink, completely forgotten about.

"You'll see when we get there. You might wanna change into shorts. Even if it doesn't feel it now it'll be hot later." He commented and I saw the shorts he was wearing.

Nodding I went to my room and quickly changed, pulling on some tight shorts, not sure what we were doing. Slipping a loose tank over my sports bra I threw a hat over my head, remembering what he said about it being hot. Leaving my phone charging I made a mental note to check my messages later, knowing I had neglected them. Meeting Dean by the door we left, heading out to his truck which had two bikes in the box of it. I felt a little flare of excitement and I jumped into the passenger seat, buckling up. Glancing into the backseat I saw two jugs of water and a lunch bag. Dean obviously took some time to get all this ready and I felt a surge of appreciation. Dean began the drive, handling the big truck with ease and I sat back, content to just watch and try figure out where we were going. I already knew we weren't heading towards the main part of the city and suddenly we were completely out of town, nothing but desert surrounding us. The drive wasn't long, maybe half an hour and we had a gorgeous show of watching the sun coming up over the mountains in front of us. There was a single lone building out in the middle of nowhere and we pulled into it, parking on the side away from the front of it. Dean shut off the truck and got out, moving to the backseat and rummaging around. I got out myself, stretching out my muscles and going to the back of the truck, staring at the bikes. I had no idea what he planned but I was excited. Jumping into the box he silently took the bikes down, and handed me a helmet and a backpack, obviously having taken the time to plan all this out.

"You know, just when I have you all figured out you throw me for a complete loop Dean Ambrose." I commented, shaking my head as I put the helmet on.

"What does that mean?" he shot back, throwing his backpack on, already sitting on his bike.

"It means after this trip I'm determined to figure you out." I decided, seeing a wary look cross his face, "I want to know you."

"I'm not that complicated." He shrugged casually.

"I wouldn't say complicated, I would say complex." I pondered out loud, sitting on the bike.

"I think you're more complex then I am." Dean shot back, beginning to bike and forcing me to start to catch up.

"I'm not as complex as people think." I argued, catching up easily and biking alongside him.

"No you're more mysterious. You use it like a shield, pardon the pun." He commented, eyes hidden by the shades resting on his nose.

"I don't mean to come off like that." I frowned, already feeling the sweat forming on my skin, "I never thought of myself as a mysterious person."

"I never said it was a bad thing." He shook his head, "It's an intriguing thing."

I didn't have anything to say to that so I kept my mouth shut, focusing on keeping up with Dean and not overexerting myself. We biked for about 20 minutes before he veered off onto a rough path and stopping in a small valley with a few brushes. Leaning the bikes down he covered them with more brush before pulling out a drink.

"Okay just follow me as best you can and watch out for any snakes or creatures." He said, my eyebrows shooting up into my eyebrows, "This is Nevada darlin."

"You know me and my luck Dean." I muttered, glancing around my feet for any sign of dangers.

"It'll be worth it, I promise." He grinned, ripping his shirt over his head, tucking it into the back of his shorts, "Come on."

Shaking my head I started out behind him, the both of us jogging at a casual pace. I was wondering why we was going slower then usual, the both of us pretty decent runners but after awhile I realized why. Having to jump over obstacles and avoid holes made it a lot harder then just running on pavement and I was breathing heavy after only a short while. I could feel my muscles burning and it was a good feeling, the best work out I had had in awhile. The mountains were getting closer and closer and I knew that was our destination. Dean wasn't far ahead but I got closer, not wanting to risk losing sight of him and getting myself lost. Leaping over rocks and holes I kept up until we reached the base of the rocks, seeing them go up a good hundred feet. Stopping next to Dean I put my hands on my knees, gasping slightly for breath and I could hear him breathing hard next to me.

"You good?" he asked, touching my shoulder and I nodded, dropping my backpack on the ground and ripping my tank top off, mopping the sweat off my face.

"I'm good, just need a minute, and some water." I waved off his worry, pulling out a drink and dropping my shirt onto the bag.

Once I drank some water I felt my heart rate go back to normal, and I put it away, crouching down. The rocks and the earth were red around here and it was beautiful, the rustic wild feeling bringing out a primal feeling inside me.

"We're climbing these damn things aren't we?" I sighed, knowing I was gonna have some cuts and bruises tomorrow.

"Well of course." Dean grinned, seeing my apprehensive face.

"I don't know if I can." I admitted, looking up and feeling slightly terrified.

"I wouldn't have brought you here if I didn't think you could do it." He said simply, moving to the bottom of the mountains, "You don't have it, I wont force you but I'd be disappointed if you didn't try."

"Really?" I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling almost challenged by the way he said that.

"Yeah, you wouldn't be the person I thought you were." He shrugged, lifting himself onto the rocks, "Maybe I shared this with the wrong person."

Steeling my jaw I could feel the frown on my face and I stepped forward, picking up my bag and putting it on. Taking a deep shaky breath I put my foot up onto a crevice in the rock and put my trust in Dean as I hoisted myself up onto the red rocks in the Nevada desert.