Chapter 26 Pretty Please?

They were just opened and there was only a few people in there. It was a decent sized place with a dance floor at the back, the bar in the middle of the room. The whole place was done in shades of grey, black, white and red, the lighting dim. The boys followed me to the bar, instantly finding Tom's white hair standing behind the bar, pouring some booze into a guy's glass. My heels were making noises on the floor and Tom looked up, his face breaking out in complete shock. I walked up to the bar, sitting on the stool as Roman and Seth flanked me on either side, Dean sitting next to Roman.

"I've been watching you, you know." He grumbled, still sounding grumpy but I knew different, "You could have let me know you were going back to work."

"I barely had time to get anything settled before I was back Tom," I blushed guiltily, "Admit it you old grump, your glad to see me."

"Bah you were always trouble Lila, I knew it from the start," he pointed at me, his green eyes still holding the fire of a much younger man, "I knew it the moment you walked in here all those years ago."

"I give the illusion of trouble darling," I teased, flipping my hair as I leaned forward, "But I never once caused you trouble."

We stared at each other before he reached across the bar, tugging me into a one armed hug, still strong for his age. No one really knew how old he was but the white hair made him seem a lot older, the spring in his step belying his age. Resting my hands against his shoulder I could feel his shaking a bit and suddenly I heard his voice in my ear.

"I worry about you all the time, being back in that ring with those men who don't know to keep their hands off you." He mumbled in my ear, "I don't want to see you get hurt."

Leaning back I saw the genuine worry in his eyes and I gave him a sympathetic look, "I'm always good Tom, I've got my boys to take care of me." I reassured him, resting my hands on Roman and Seth's shoulders.

He glared at each of them for a few moments, Dean sitting up straighter under his intense gaze, "You boys her teammates?" he questioned.

"Yes sir." Seth answered, looking a little nervous.

"What's their names?" he fired off, glancing at me.

"This is Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins," I introduced them, hand on their shoulders as I said their names, "And that's Dean Ambrose down there."

"You don't let her get hurt in that ring or anyone get their hands on her?" he continued, leaning on the table.

"Over our dead bodies." Dean growled, hands clasped together on the bar top.

"You." He pointed at Roman who swallowed visibly, "You're the one she always talked about before?"

"Yes."

"I don't know what you did to each other but you ever do that again you deal with me, got it?" he threatened, standing up to his full height.

"I understand, trust me when I say each of us would do anything to protect her." He explained, Seth and Dean both nodding.

"I don't trust you but I trust her and she seems to trust you." He grumbled, reaching under the bar, "That's enough for me and for some drinks on the house."

HE popped the top off four beers and set them in front of us, patting my hand before moving on to some new customers across the bar. Roman let out a sigh, eyes widening for a second before grabbing his beer. He raised it up, glancing down the line at each of us.