Chapter 89 Taking a Break

Later that night

Everyone was asleep on the bus but I couldn't sleep, sitting at the table and staring out across the empty parking lot. Without anyone knowing I was going to Camden, choosing to go stay at Jeff's, needing to be alone. If I went to Seattle I would be bombarded by Lisa and I knew she would make me more confused bringing up the Dean thing. Jeff was off wrestling most of the days so I knew I would have my space, only seeing Jeff the last two days I was there. Instead I was sitting here thinking about the words Seth nearly blurted out earlier. I had brushed it off after we all came back to the bus, helping them find their flights for after RAW taking Smackdown off. My legs were tucked up, letting me rest my chin on my knees. I was so lost in my own thoughts I didn't even hear anyone come out of their room and up beside me till they were right there. As I caught movement in my peripherals I jumped, seeing the copper hair in the dim light.

"Scare ya?" he asked, voice still raspy from being asleep.

"Kinda." I laughed softly, moving over slightly as he sat down next to me.

"Can I sit here or is..." he pointed a finger behind him with a slight grin, dimple flashing and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Stop." I said softly, the humour in my voice sneaking in, "Don't make it worse."

I could feel him laughing rather then hear it and I was thankful at least he wasn't taking it too seriously. The bus was quiet as we sat there, letting the thoughts cloud my head again. Closing my eyes I leaned to the side, resting my head against Dean's shoulder, just resting there.

"What's wrong?" he asked roughly, his body leaned back against the bench.

"What makes you think something is wrong?" I retorted, not moving from my position.

"Come on. I knew the minute you walked into the locker room." He huffed, resting his head against mine, "Also you're sitting out here at 3 in the morning. You only do that when your upset or overthinking."

I was slightly surprised he could see it on my face when we had walked back in. I was sure I had hid the shock and surprise from Seth when we had come back. Things had gone on as normal until bed and I couldn't fall asleep

"I don't know if I want to talk about it yet." I admitted, remembering the look in Seth's eyes, "I think this break came at the best time possible."

"Ya so do I." he agreed, voice rumbling in my ear.

"What are you going home to think about?" I asked softly, keeping my voice soft to fit the mood of the bus.

He was quiet for a long time and I thought I had overstepped my boundaries with him. I was about to apologize and tell him to forget about it when he started talking quietly.

"Remember when we talked about you and Seth in the car before the Hall of Fame?" he asked me, making me sit up and turn to look at him.

"Ya and you said you were fine as long as it doesn't affect the team or me." I nodded, wondering where the hell this was going.

"I am okay with it but at the same time I'm kind of not." He shrugged casually as if he hadn't dropped a huge bomb on me.

I blinked once, staring at his profile in the semi darkness and then blinked again. I had processed what he had said but it hadn't full sunk in. I sat back in my seat, taking a sharp breath.

"What do you mean your kind of not okay?" I asked, not sure if I wanted to sort this out or completely forget about it,

"I don't mean...I mean I'm fine with you guys," he clarified, the tightness in my chest easing, "I'm just not sure how I feel about Seth not being okay with us together."