Chapter 103. Accident In Vegas

After the morning I was sweaty and disgusting and as soon as I got back I hopped in the shower, feeling a million times better when I got out and dressed. Grabbing my phone I was floored by the amount of messages I had and missed calls. Standing in the middle of my room I scrolled through them, going to my phone. I had over a dozen missed calls from the same number so I hit it and brought it up to my ear. It rang twice before someone picked up, sounding nearly frantic.

"Lila?" I heard a familiar voice question.

"Matty?" I asked, not sure if I was hearing right.

"Thank God where have you been? I've been calling for like an hour." He exclaimed, sounding worried and panicked and was immediately on edge.

"I was working out." I told him, backing up so I was sitting on the bed, "What's going on Matty?"

"So Jeff and I were doing our last show before break and something went wrong. He was going off the top rope and I don't know if they didn't put it together right but it broke and Jeff landed on his head and neck." Matty explained and I felt my heart drop right into my shoes, "I'm at the hospital now but I haven't heard anything. I'm just worried Lila."

"Where are you guys now?" I asked, wondering if I could fly there in time, my stomach tight with fear.

"Vegas, it's our last show." He informed me, and my mouth dropped.

"What hospital?" I asked, grabbing a pen and paper from the desk.

"AMG. It has the best neurosurgeon just in case they need to do something. Shit Lila I'm freaking out here." Matt groaned, the fear rising up in you at his panic.

"Okay don't lose it on me. Hold it together for a bit longer, I'll call you right back." I bargained, hearing his protest before I hung up.

Grabbing a jacket I threw it on, stuffing my wallet and my phone in there. I searched for Dean in the house and ran into him in the kitchen. He was turning around, just about to ask me something when he saw my face, immediately turning to stone.

"What happened?" he asked, still barely moving a muscle.

"Jeff had an accident and he's in Vegas. I'm taking a cab there now, I don't know when I'll be home." I told him, determined not to freak out till I knew what was going on.

"Don't bother with a cab. You wouldn't get there for like an hour. Come on." He shook his head, shoving his feet into his shoes and grabbing his keys off the wall.

He was waiting for me but I couldn't move, the situation bearing over me. Coming up beside me he put his arm around my back, pulling me towards to and out the door and to the truck. Getting in he started it, pulling out of the driveway before I even had a chance to buckle up. Leaning my elbow on the rest between us I stuck my nails in my mouth, chewing them as my eyes darted around, looking for the hospital sign. I had no idea where this hospital was but by the way Dean was driving he did. My leg was restlessly shaking as we drove, seemingly hitting every green light which I thanked my lucky stars for. Dean startled the hell out of me, grabbing my hand out of my mouth and holding it between the seat, folding his fingers over mine. Clutching onto it I sat quietly in the truck as he drove into a parking lot, next to a huge building. Getting out we quickly ran across the street and into the building, seemingly quiet. We had walked into emergency but I couldn't see Matt anywhere.

"I don't see him." I told Dean, turning each way and looking for my tall friend.

"What happened? Would they take him anywhere else?" he asked, glancing at the directory on the wall next to the elevator.