Chapter 31 Riding In Style

Roman turned and I followed, Mark and Jeff standing there, both with wary smiles on their faces. Planting a fake bright one on mine I turned to face them, Roman at my side.

"I didn't mean to interrupt but I wanted to come say hi." Jeff announced, holding a glass in his hand.

"Oh you're not interrupting at all." I waved him off, sounding too cheery.

"You look fantastic Lila, being back in wrestling suits you." He murmured, glancing me up and down with warm eyes before leaning in.

I steeled myself not to flinch back as he kissed my cheek, hand resting on my waist. His blue eyes were wide, focused intently on me before turning to gaze at Roman at my side. He straightened up to his full height, still a couple inches shorter than Roman.

"I don't think we've met though," he said to Roman before holding out a hand, " I'm Jeff White."

"Roman Reigns, are you a friend of Lila's?" he asked, shaking his hand briefly before leaning back.

"You could say that." Jeff chuckled, running a hand over his hair, "Are you?"

"Best friend actually. We started in the WWE together." Roman announced, steel underlying his tone.

"Ah I remember now, Lila used to talk about you all the time." He snapped his fingers, fingers rapidly tapping his glass.

I could feel the tension between the two of them and I glanced around the room, panic rising in me. Just as I was looking around I saw Seth turn and catch my eye. There must have been something on my face because he excused himself before making his way towards me, weaving through the people till he was at my side.

"Your glass is empty at your own party doll." He grinned down at my hand before wrapping an arm around my waist, "Gentleman you don't mind if I steal her away for a moment do you?"

Before he gave anyone a chance to answer he steered me away, heading towards the island in the kitchen. Keeping our backs to them I filled my glass up again, taking a large sip, wiping the corner of my lips dry.

"Who is that?" Seth asked, glancing over his shoulder before turning back to look at me, "Whoever he is he keeps staring."

"That's Jeff." I admitted, seeing Seth frown, "My ex."

"Seriously?" he raised his eyebrows, "You can do a lot better you know that right?"

"I get it now but him and Roman just had a pissing contest or a who loves Lila more contest. I'm not sure." I groaned, hand tight around my glass.

"Think it's going to end bad?" he mumbled, keeping an eye on them.

"I don't know but stay away from him. It's bad enough Roman thinks I'm hiding something from my past about him" I frowned, seeing him nod at me.

"Are you?" he murmured and I groaned, "I'm only asking, I'm don't think you are but I have to ask because you told me to stay away from him. Is he dangerous?"

"I don't think so Seth but I know him and he likes to try play mind games." I glanced up at him, his hand on my arm.

"OK well stick by one of us alright. I don't trust him." He murmured and I nodded, not needing to argue that point.

We turned and took a step towards the living room but nearly bounced off the topic of our conversation. Jeff had a pleasant smile on his face, eyes flickering to the hand Seth had on the back of my arm. Taking a breath I smiled up at him, trying to keep the peace.