Chapter 23 A Knock At The Door

Mark and Lisa were sitting at the counter, after Mark had admired my title, still sitting on the couch. Lisa and I were finishing up, I hadn't heard from any of the boys all day and I was a little worried, wondering what was going on.

"Everything alright?" Mark asked, seeing the slight frown on my face as I made a vinaigrette for my salad.

"Ya I just haven't heard from my boys all day and I was just wondering if anything was going on with them." I admitted, seeing Lisa look up.

"Is that normal?" he asked, taking a sip of his wine.

"No. They usually all text me, all day. IT's kind of annoying but comforting." I shrugged, turning away to check the asparagus.

"Maybe something came up, or their gone out somewhere." Lisa chimed in, sounding perky.

"YA that's what worries me." I chuckled, turning the green sticks.

There was a knock on the door and I frowned, wondering who that could be. I heard Lisa walk across the room to go answer it, too busy with the steaks to go answer it myself. I heard the door open and voices in the hall, too low to distinguish who it was. I flipped the steaks as I heard footsteps coming in and I covered them back up, needing a few more minutes.

"Lisa who was it?" I asked, turning the asparagus one last time before putting them on a plate.

"You might want to throw more steaks on Lila, you got company." I heard her call out, sounding amused and shocked all at the same time.

"What?" I blurted out, a frown on my face as I turned, tongs in my hands.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head, and I fumbled with the tongs before catching them, my mouth dropping open. Roman, Seth and Dean stood behind a grinning Lisa who had that look in her eyes. I was completely frozen as they stared back at me, matching grins on all their faces.

"Are you cooking steaks?" Seth asked, leaning to look at the stove.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, whirling and taking them off the stove, sighing with relief as I saw them done perfectly before turning back to them.

"Lila can you say something other than shit so we know we didn't mess up coming here?" Roman pleaded, hands in his sweater pockets.

I opened and closed my mouth repeatedly but I couldn't make a sound. Blowing out a breath I felt a disbelieving grin grow on my face and I chewed the inside of my lip.

"What are you guys doing here?" I stuttered, lying my tongs on the counter, pressing my hands against my cheeks.

"Oh shit, this was a bad idea wasn't it?" Seth groaned, running a hand through his hair.

"NO!" I exclaimed, shaking my head quickly, "This is...amazing. I just don't understand how you did this."

"When you text your location is on and we followed it here." Seth explained, the first one to come up to me, "So this is a good freak out right?"

"This is the greatest freak out!" I laughed, hugging him tightly.

"Good cause I'm just saying I wasn't leaving." Dean pointed out and I rolled my eyes, throwing my oven mitts at me, hitting him in the side of his head.

"Come here jerk." I growled, wrapping my arms around him, squeezing tightly.

I could hear Lisa's voice in my head, my head resting on Dean's chest and I could hear the solid thump of his heart. Leaning back he smirked down at me, looking tired and if I wasn't mistaken and little jet lagged. Turning to Roman I let him pick me up, wrapping my arms around his neck as he buried his face in my hair.