Chapter 81 The Red Carpet

Saturday Morning

"I never thought an event like this was going to be so much damn work." I grumbled, sitting on the hospital bed, leg up and my wet hair pulled into a bun.

"You wouldn't have had to be up so early too if you didn't get stuck in front of a gun." Dean spoke out, legs crossed as he sat on the chair next to me.

"Ya well after this I have to go eat lunch because that's the only time I'll have to eat today. I have to go to the salon apparently with AJ. Oh and then I have to meet the make-up and hair stylist at the hotel after that." I huffed, crossing my arms as Dean grinned up at me.

"I have to have a shower and put on my suit later." He said cheekily, his dimple flashing.

"I hate you." I mumbled, making him chuckle.

"No you just hate that I don't have to do as much as you do." He pointed a finger at me.

"That's true." I nodded, and the door opened doctor walking in.

We were silent as he sat at my side, going through the procedure. I nodded, having had this done more than once. I didn't want to watch though as he began pulling the stitches out, only rubbing a numbing cream on my leg. I could really feel it but I could feel him tugging against my skin. I still hadn't said anything to Seth, wanting to talk to Dean first but I couldn't bring myself to do it yet. We had a drive back still and I was trying to psych myself up.

"Alright Lila, you are good to go here." The doc proclaimed, pulling off his gloves, "No infection and everything seems to have healed. The scar I'm afraid is something I can't help but I can give you the number of a good plastic surgeon."

I glanced down at my leg, seeing the still pink scar running across my left thigh. It wasn't ugly or misshapen and I frowned, running my finger over top of it. I looked up at the doctor with a smile.

"You know it's fine." I waved him off, seeing his eyes widen, "I'm good the way it is."

"Alright it's your call." He nodded before getting up and walking out.

I jumped off the bed, Dean joining me as I signed a few papers before we left the hospital. There was a car waiting for us and we both jumped in the back, relaxing against the seats.

"Why wouldn't you get it fixed?" Dean asked, moving his glasses on top of his hat, "Most girls would hide a scar that big."

"I'm not most girls." I grinned, seeing him smirk, "Plus it's a reminder for me. I could have died that day and it's something I've realized over the last week."

"Now you know how we felt." He commented and I could still here the slight fear in his voice.

"Ya I really do." I nodded, tracing a finger over it, "Where most people would see an ugly scar I now see a reminder that I'm alive. I'm not taking anything for granted anymore, including my friends. I have Roman and Seth and you to be thankful for every day now."

"I've been through some shit you know but losing you would be worse than anything I've been through." He blurted out and I watched him press his lips together, almost as though he hadn't meant to say it.

I reached a hand over, grabbing his large one. I could barely fit my hand around his but he let me hold it as though I could hold him back. He glanced over at me and I had a small smile on my face.

"Roman is my best friend." I said gently, "But what surprises me is that in the last few months is that you are too. We fight about everything but I wouldn't change us for the world."