Chapter 106. Taking a Chance.

It was a lot colder here than I had anticipated, my hands freezing against the steering wheel as I cranked the heat in the car. After causally finding the address I needed on the flight I rented a car and began the drive. It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't cold and night was falling. I checked my GPS and pulled down a street, searching for the numbers on the houses. Finding the one I needed I pulled up behind a car and shut mine off. I took a deep couple breaths, trying to get rid of the last bit of anger I still had rolling around. The fact that I could see my breath was helping that out. Getting out of the car I smoothed down my white sweater, my pea coat buttoned up and I had on black jeans and little wedge boots. The crunch of snow under then was a sound I hadn't heard in a while but I could have done without the cold. Shutting the door I locked it, making my way carefully around the car, watching for ice as I walked towards the walkway. Making it there the door opened and I could hear voices coming from the house, rambunctious laughter filling the night. There were two guys standing with Seth, one obviously being his dad and the other his brother. A younger girl stood with his brother and another woman I assumed who was his mother, the younger woman noticing me first. They must have been leaving and I felt awkward till Seth followed her gaze, seeing me standing there.

"Surprise." I said weakly, Seth coming out of the house, and coming to meet me.

"Are you serious?" he laughed, sounding happier then I had ever heard him.

"Things didn't work out with Jax. I'll explain everything later. I hope you don't mind..." I explained, letting out a shriek as Seth picked me up, making me grab onto him.

"Lila you're here. I couldn't ask for anything more." He said softly, setting my down on my feet, looking down at me.

"I wasn't sure if showing up unannounced was gonna be a problem but I figured I would give it a try." I smiled up at him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm glad you did, this was the best Christmas gift ever." Seth murmured, holding me tightly.

Leaning up on my toes I pressed my lips against Seth's, feeling the warmth spreading through me and I felt victorious, knowing Dean was wrong. Biting gently on his bottom lip I pulled back and let go, looking up into those chocolate eyes, knowing I made the right choice, Dean was just looking for a fight and nothing more.

"You really are happy to see me." Seth teased, making me flush when I remembered his parents were still standing there.

"I don't have presents Seth." I mumbled, feeling embarrassed when I looked over at everyone, seeing them staring.

"That's not important, they're just excited to meet you." He promised, pulling me by the hand towards the house, "Trust me, they're gonna love you."

Lacing our fingers together I smiled brightly at the people waiting for me at the door, letting Seth introduce to me everyone. At the last second his brother and girlfriend decide to stay for awhile longer now that I had shown up, wanting to chat for awhile. I followed everyone inside, smiling brightly at everyone but hiding the upset feelings I had over Dean and I's fight.

Later that Night

The house was dark, the only thing that illuminated the living room was the lights coming from their Christmas tree. Seth and I were curled in the armchair together, his hand brushing stray curls away from my face, not saying anything but just looking at me.

"What?" I laughed softly, keeping my voice down for his sleeping parents.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" he murmured, the admiration in his voice soothing the ache of Dean's words on my heart.