Chapter 72 Champs

Roman's POV

We made it over the barrier without falling and I jumped into the ring, Dean and Seth right behind me.

"Lila!" I shouted, the panic rising in me, "Lila!"

"They took her man, how the hell are we going to get her back?" Seth growled, coming from my left, "Our match is next."

"I'm good to go look." Dean said, coming from right in front of me.

The lights flickered on, the crowd cheering as they saw us but no Lila. There was nothing on the big screen and the ramp was empty. The gnawing in my stomach was growing worse every second and I glanced at Seth and Dean, nodding at the latter. He took off towards the ramp, stride determined and he was on a mission. Seth looked just as worried if not more as we stood around, waiting for the Uso's.

"If anyone can find her, it'll be Dean." Seth reassured me, patting me on the shoulder.

"I hope so." I murmured, and I tried to focus on being in the ring.

Lila

Despite no struggling they still kept a hold on my arms, taking me back to a room near ours. There was a chair in there and once we were inside they let me go, and I walked over, sitting down. The TV was on but no volume and I saw they were still on commercial. Keeping my gaze steady I watched Rowan and Harper sit on the bench, leaving Bray to drag a chair in front of me, sitting on it backwards.

"Would it be that bad to join us?" he asked finally, after a few moments of silence.

"Why do you want me to join you?" I shot back, ignoring his question, "Even if you forced me, that wouldn't stop me from turning on you in that ring."

"Lila you have been Woman's Champ for nearly a year after being gone for 4." He said firmly, glancing at the title in my lap, "You are by far the most dominant Diva in this division and we need someone like you to smooth our rough edges."

I was silent as I contemplated his answer. The match was starting and I saw them going at it in the ring. It was killing me not to be able to leave but I kept calm. Tracing my finger over my name I looked up at Bray.

"I won't go with you, not because I don't see potential but for your own good." I decided, seeing him frown, "You know me in the ring, not who I am. I'm not good and the only place I fit is with the people who are just as dark and ruthless as I am."

"You don't think we're that dark and ruthless?" Rowan spoke up, making me turn to look at him.

"I watched Shield take out a lot of my friends." I snapped, jaw clenching, "Then I turned around, left the one good guy in my life and joined them. Roman and I together are tough but with Seth and Dean as well? We are nearly unstoppable. Take me and it's not just me turning you would have to worry about, it's Shield coming after you."

"You can't stay on top forever." Bray persisted and I glanced quickly at the TV, seeing them still fighting, "One of you will crack."

I suddenly remembered his ominous warning last time he cornered me and I frowned. Leaning forward I rested my hands on my knees, staring hard at him.

"What did you mean last time we were here?" I questioned, seeing him instantly close off, "You said Sister Abigail told you one of my family would turn on me."

"That's exactly what I meant." He said cryptically, "That's all I know. We can save you from that heartbreak."

"If you're talking about Roman or Seth or Dean I know they would never turn on me." I growled, not liking the way he was talking.