Chapter 15 Christmas At The Anoaʻis

I plugged Roman's address into the GPS, praying his parents still lived in the same place. The radio was playing Christmas carols and the music was killing me, the emotion rising up and spilling out my eyes. My hands were shaky on the wheel and I shut the radio off, hitting the phone in the car. Dialing a number I waited and waited, praying he would answer.

"Hello?" he answered, sounding confused.

"Dean?" I called out, choking on my tears.

"Lila is that you?"

"Ya I'm in the car so it will sound terrible at your end." I said loudly, trying to compose myself.

"Your clear but it sounds like your crying. What happened?" he asked, sounding worried.

Just hearing the worry in his voice broke down everything and the tears were flowing freely from my eyes, the adrenaline from the fight going away. I kept wiping my eyes, one hand trying to steer.

"What's going on? You're scaring the shit out of me here." He asked again, voice going panicked.

"Make me not feel like a piece of shit Dean. Tell me I'm not an asshole from walking away from my Christmas dinner." I begged, wiping my face.

"You're not an asshole Lila." He soothed, the panic still apparent in his voice.

"I couldn't do it. I couldn't stay there and let her judge me on my life, to have her judge you and Seth and Roman. She doesn't know you. She doesn't know how much you guys mean to me." I rambled, sniffling slightly.

"I don't like that you're driving and crying. Pull over." He ordered.

"I'm fine. I can drive." I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me.

"Lila pull over. Now." He commanded, and I flipped my signal on, pulling onto the shoulder.

"There." I took a shaky breath, leaning against the wheel.

"Just breath ok. I can't do anything." He groaned, sounding frustrated, "It's killing me that I can't do anything for you."

"I'm going to call Seth too ok." I murmured, pressing the three way button.

"Alright."

Punching in the numbers I wiped my eyes, the tears still falling and we waited, each ring tortured. After a minute he answered and I could feel the tears start again.

"Hello?"

"Hey man it's Dean and Lila." Dean answered, knowing I couldn't talk.

"Hey what's going on guys?" he asked, a sliver of worry coloring his voice.

"Lila's moms a bitch." Dean explained quickly, making me let out a sob, pressing my forehead with my hands.

"Lila are you ok?"

"No. I walked out of my Christmas dinner and Jax gave me his car so I'm driving to Roman's but Dean made me pull over." I stuttered slightly, trying to wipe my eyes again, "When I was walking out she told me if I left that I wasn't welcome back."

I heard Dean groan and Seth's intake of breath. There was a moment of silence and I tried to get myself under control, not wanting to sit here much longer. I stripped out of my jacket, getting too warm sitting in the car.

"She's an idiot. You're going to Roman's?" Dean asked finally, sounding furious.

"Ya I'm heading there now." I informed them, pulling back out onto the highway, "I'm sorry for ruining your guys Christmas with my crappy business."