Chapter 62 Brad

I let out a breathy laugh as we waited, all of us strangely silent. I was rocking slightly, rubbing my hand over my knuckles, eyes focused on the railing in front of me. A few minutes later I stood up nodding to them and we walked out, heading towards the gorilla. I could hear the start of Fandango's music and we made it there just in time to see him and Layla walk out together. I pointed towards the other side and I headed to another opening, leaving them to go through the normal entrance. Peeking out the curtain I saw them in the middle of the stage, Layla's leg hooked over his hip. I saw the boys walk out and I slipped out as well, striding slowly across the stage, coming up beside Layla. I startled her and she leapt away from me, making me grin.

"I wouldn't watch this if I were you." I warned her quietly, coming to stand beside Dean.

Fandango had his hands up, looking like he was about to plead with us but the boys moved quickly. They got him on the ground, kicking him repeatedly as I watched from the side. Seth and Dean grabbed his arms, dragging him to the side of the stage as I followed, staring down at him. I could see the fear in his eyes and I felt an odd sensation flow through me. I felt powerful as I moved to the side, letting Roman take my place. Roman flipped his hair before letting out a roar, the crowd erupting and Seth and Dean lifted him up onto Roman's shoulders. He made wide eye contact with me and I winked at him as they threw him off the stage into a pair of tables. Seth and Roman made a space for me and I stepped up, all four of us staring down at a limp Fandango. Seth was the first to put his fist out and Roman followed. I stuck mine in at the same time Dean did, all four of us staring down at him. Shaking my hair from my face I turned away, leaving a shaken Layla standing in the corner of the ring, the boys following me back into the gorilla.

"You sure you wanna go to Maddox?" Roman asked, pushing his hair from his face.

"Ya." I chirped, excited at the prospects of getting my hands dirty, "This mongrel is hungry."

Roman knew the tone of my voice and he stayed quiet, Seth and Dean doing the same. I wasn't one to take being talked about and Brad Maddox had gotten on my nerves. It wasn't talking about me in the ring, it was talking while I was away on injury that drove me nuts. I stopped in catering for a moment, seeing AJ and Phil watching the TV. There was a match next and then mine after. I decided to wait and confront Maddox right before my match to get myself pumped up.

"I'll be right back." I told them and they nodded, standing in a group across the door.

Walking in AJ and Phil heard me and turned, their eyes finding mine as I walked up to them. AJ smiled brightly at me while Phil had an indescribable look on his face. Holding the sides of my vest I looked up at him.

"Every time I turn around you turn more and more into them." he sighed, hands in his sweater and I realized he was dressed to wrestle.

"No I haven't. When I was with you I was straight. Now I'm making my own path, making my own way, doing what I always did best, sticking it to the Authority." I grinned, seeing his lips trying to pull into a smile.

"So is that it for tonight?" he asked, amusement coloring his voice instead of confusion.

"I got one more stop..." I hedged, shifting from foot to foot, "I just have to make a point."

"Maddox." AJ blurted out and I let a slow smile spread across my lips, seeing her grin back, "Good, he needs to give his head a shake. Since he teamed up with Vickie it seems like he's grown a little big for his boots."

"All they want is a shot at Evolution again and I can't blame them." I sighed, glancing at the TV, seeing the warning advertisement, "So if this is what we have to do well alright. We'll do it. You're gonna be late."