Chapter 9 Never Gonna Be Alone

We left in the same order we came in and heading back to the locker room was a quiet affair, none of us sure what to say about what happened. Once were in the room I stripped off the tape, balling it up and throwing it in the garbage.

"So are we going to talk about what the hell you just did?" Roman asked finally, sounding confused and a little wierded out.

"No I don't really want to talk about it." I said sharply, undoing the straps to my vest.

"Why not? It was awesome. He went flying through the air." Dean grinned, clapping me on the back.

I jerked away from him, throwing my vest down with a slam on the bench. Whirling around I stared at the three of them, Dean's smile slipping from his face as he saw my upset face. Seth looked awkward and Roman looked wary, all three of them standing around me like usual.

"Look I get that you guys are used to this, to doing whatever it takes necessary to win and to take care of each other. I love it I really do." I began, voice shaky, "But I just used my former best friends feelings for me against him. I kissed him to give you guys the time to get out of the ring so you wouldn't get hurt. So yes I'm sorry I can't just brush off shit like you Dean, and being happy about the win" I waved my hands towards them, "But right now I'm feeling like an asshole."

Grabbing my bag I walked towards the bathroom, going to change. I did so quickly, pulling on leggings and Ugg boots with long tank top with Jeff's design on the front. Throwing all my other clothes in the bag I pulled on my pea coat and shoved my hair into a beanie, not wanting to deal with it at the moment. Taking a moment to compose myself I walked back out, not seeing anyone in the room. I sighed, knowing I probably deserved them to walk out on me after me snapping on them. Opening the door I nearly walked into a leather jacketed chest and I looked up seeing Dean.

"Roman and Seth are gone back to the bus but I wanted to wait and talk to you." He said quietly, voice raspy from all the yelling he did tonight, "If you're not gonna snap on me."

"I'm sorry. I'm an ass. Twice tonight apparently." I groaned, walking with him down the hall.

"I thought you would be happy you managed to save us, even if you did use some pretty desperate means." He commented, hand shoved in his pocket and bag slung over his right shoulder.

"I feel like such a tool Dean," I frowned, stopping to look at him, "If I could stop myself from feeling like this I would."

"So why did you do it then?" he grumbled, stopping to look down at me.

"Because I knew if I didn't I would have felt worse about you three getting hurt. So long story short I guess I would rather feel like this than see you three hurt." I said, frustration seeping into my voice.

"It's appreciated Lila, don't get me wrong." He reassured, the lopsided grin blowing up on his face, "I mean kissing Punk, yuck."

"Ya next time you do it than." I teased, and he threw an arm over my shoulder, tugging me down the hall.

I threw my arm around his waist, the horrible feelings disappearing with the radiant mood of Dean. We walked out, the air chilly and I was constantly reminded that Christmas was less than a month away and I would be forced to go home. I leaned into Dean, the warmth contrasting against the coolness of the air. We were halfway across the lot before I heard something that froze my blood faster than the air.

"Lila you get the hell back here and tell me what the hell that was all about!" Phil shouted, the door slamming against the arena.

I could feel Dean get instantly tense and I looked up at him, seeing the narrowing of his eyes and the clenching of his jaw. Sliding my arm from around him I turned seeing Phil striding across the lot, face furious. Blowing out a breath I stood next to Dean, waiting as he came up to us, visibly shaking with anger.