Chapter 96 Another Year & Cryptic Warnings

The ride to the arena was quiet yet not uncomfortable, each of us sitting in the back of the cab. We had decided to tell Roman and Seth that we had met up in the airport, keeping the secret week at Jeff's between the two of us. It had been a long week and I was ready to get back to the bus but after the text I had received at the airport it would have to wait. Vince was here with my new contract and I had to go sign as soon as I arrived. Pulling in I saw the limo running and I knew it wouldn't be long, Vince only flying in to resign me and then taking off again. Dean spotted it too, a frown between his brows.

"Vince texted me when we landed, gotta resign today." I informed him seeing the understanding dawn on his face.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he asked as we came to a stop.

"Nah I wont be long." I shook my head, opening the door and going around to the trunk while Dean paid the driver.

"Here." He offered, grabbing my bag and pulling it out along with his own, "I'll take these while you go."

"You don't have to." I protested.

"Don't worry about it. I'll let them know where you are." He argued.

"Thanks Dean. For everything. I wont be long." I sighed, feeling the long day kicking in.

He nodded and I headed towards the arena, heading inside and asking around for Vince. Once I had his location I headed that way, fingers crossed that I didn't run into anyone confrontational. Luck was finally on my side as I knocked on the door, hearing the bark of Vince. Slipping inside I was relieved to see him there alone, no sign of Stephanie or Triple H. Motioning to a chair I sank into it thankfully, crossing my legs over one another. As Vince looked up I mustered up a smile, seeing him give me one in return.

"So Lila, how has the last year been for you?" Vince boomed, his voice resonating around the room.

"It's been amazing sir. A few unexpected twists and turns but it comes with the job." I laughed, hearing him join in.

"I would say. Snatching the Woman's Championship up, the Punk, AJ, Lila feud starting and ending and managing to join and become one of the most intense teams we've ever had in the company. I'd say you were doing pretty damn good." Vince leaned forward, hands clasped on the desk.

"Well I like my job and my job is to keep things interesting and keep people on their toes. I'd say I'm doing just fine." I grinned.

"Well I would agree. So let's cut right to the chase. Standard one year contract. Same as last time. Just need your signature on the bottom and everything will be in order." Vince nodded, checking his watch before sliding the paper across the table with the pen on top.

Reaching out I grabbed the pen, signing my name with a flourish before dropping it back down. Grabbing the pages he nodded and stuck them into a bag he had on the side. Standing up he held out his hand across the table and I stood, grasping it firmly.

"Keep doing what you're doing and I see good things happening for you." Vince praised and I nodded.

Letting go I walked out of the room feeling good until I walked down the hall and rounded the corner. Randy and Batista were standing there, looking like they were having a heated argument. The last thing I needed was to get into the middle of that but there was no other way for me to walk out. Sighing I made my way forward, keeping my head up and my stride steady. They stopped as soon as they saw me, Batista grinning ominously at me.

"Well looks who's wandering the arena on their own. Where's your little guard dogs?" he called out as I got closer.

"Why would I need anybody? It's not like anybody here's intimidating me." I scoffed, raising an eyebrow.