Chapter 68 Where Are You?

Walking out we headed back to the bus, and I was silent, too focused on everything in my head to join the conversation. I knew they were worried about me but I couldn't say a damn thing to reassure them. Going into the bus I sat at the table, going right back into gazing out the window, Roman sending me a glance. Dean went straight into his room, shutting the door and Seth went to the shower. I could still hear Bray's voice in my head and the laugh was still vibrating along my skin. The hairs on my body were sticking straight up, and I wrapped my arms around my knee, resting my chin on it. Suddenly my phone went off in my pocket, making me nearly jump out of my chair. Grabbing it I hit the green, bringing it swiftly up to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered instantly, not checking who it was.

"Happy Easter." My dad's voice filled my ear and my eyes widened, "We missed you at home."

"Happy Easter dad. Did Jax go home?" I asked, glancing down at my nails.

"HE just came for the day, he was working on the project your mother's friend hired him on." He explained, and I tried not to roll my eyes, "I would have like to have seen my daughter as well..."

"I know dad but work is crazy as always." I hedged, not wanting to worry him too much, "And I wasn't even sure if I even had a home to come back to."

"Your mother didn't mean that October." He sighed and I could picture him raking his fingers through his hair, "She was just angry."

"Was she just angry the other times when she told me my career was nothing but washed up athletes?" I said softly, hearing nothing from the other end, "Or how about the time she called everyone here heathens?"

I could hear him breathing on the other end and I closed my eyes, tamping down my temper. A door opening made me open my eyes and I saw Dean walk out, dressed to go out and I frowned. His face was closed off and I watched him grab his wallet from the coffee table.

"Hold on a sec dad." I murmured, covering my phone at the bottom, "Dean where are you going?"

"Out." He said sharply and I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you ok?" I asked, standing as he walked past, hands over the phone.

"Lila I'm fine." He snapped, walking to the front of the bus, "I don't need to deal with my shit by talking it out all the time."

I stood there with my mouth dropped open as he walked down the stairs, leaving the bus. The door slammed shut and I flinched, watching him stride across the lot. I had no idea what crawled up his ass but I had a feeling he wasn't going to be coming back tonight. I felt the frustration rising in me before I heard muffled noises and I remembered my dad was on the phone.

"Sorry dad." I apologized, bringing the phone up and sitting back at the table, "Just dealing with things here."

"Are you ok, you sound...stressed?" he asked, his own voice holding worry.

"I'm fine, one of my friends is gone out and I worry about him." I admitted, glancing back out on the window.

"On a Monday?" he said softly, the disapproval obvious in his voice.

"It's be a really stressful day." I said immediately, not wanting him to think bad about Dean.

I heard a woman's voice in the background and I tensed up, recognizing my mother's voice. My father must have covered up the phone and even though I couldn't hear them clearly I could hear the anger in her voice. My dad's voice was calm, almost pleading and I scowled.

"Dad!" I shouted, catching his attention.

"Sorry darling, just thought I heard something." He said breathlessly, and I shook my head.

"It's alright, I actually have to go..." I lied, seeing Roman and Seth walk out, Seth only in sweats.

"October it's not what you're thinking." He argued and I looked away from the two men in the bus.

"It's not about her. I have to go dad. I love you. I'll call you sometime this week." I cut him off, hanging up quickly.

Setting my phone back on the table I avoided their gazes. I was still dressed in my Shield gear, not having the energy to go change. I stared out the window, glancing to the last place I saw Dean, a whole new set of anxiety flowing through me.

"Who was that?" Seth asked, coming to sit across from me, "You look stressed."

"Talking to my parents will do that." I shrugged, leaning my head against the window.

"Is Dean here?" Roman asked suddenly from the kitchen, making me turn.

"NO he stormed out a few minutes ago, snapped on me because I asked if he was alright." I said quietly, watching Roman groan, "He's pissed or upset about something."

Roman sat on the couch, flipping on the TV, leaving Seth and I sitting at the table. I hated when Dean went out by himself, knowing his mouth would always get him in trouble. My thumb was tapping on my knee as I took deep breaths, trying to bring the panic down that was threatening to overtake me. Getting up I decided to go for a shower and get changed.

I was up early the next morning, not able to sleep much knowing Dean was out. Slipping out of bed I walked out of the room, checking Dean's room and seeing the bed still half made. Sighing I walked to the kitchen, putting a pod into the coffee maker. It was a little chilly in the bus and I shivered, legs cool in my shorts and tank top. As the machine beeped off I took my cup, adding cream and sugar, taking a sip. Grabbing a small blanket I sat back on the chair I was on last night, curling up. It wasn't the most comfortable but it felt like the best spot for me. It was early but 3 cups of coffee later and a leg cramp Seth and Roman got up, seeing me sitting there.

"Morning." Seth grumbled, going to grab a cup for some coffee.

"Morning, you guys hungry?" I asked, getting up and moving to the kitchen.

"Starving actually." Roman nodded, taking the cup Seth handed him, "How long have you been up?"

"Since six thirty." I mumbled, pulling out a bowl and ingredients for pancakes.

"Seriously?" Seth raised an eyebrow, turning to look at me.

"I couldn't sleep." I shrugged, throwing a pan on the stove and mixing up the batter.

They didn't say anything, just letting me whisk the batter quickly, my whole arm shaking. The pan was heating up and I began pouring them, the caffeine racing through my blood, making me jittery. The fact that Dean wasn't home was bothering me and I tried to focus on cooking. Piling them high I turned everything off, carrying the stack of food to the table. Sitting with them I tried to eat as well, only forcing down one and a half before shoving my plate away. I moved to the couch, waiting till they were done to start cleaning up.

"You worried about Dean?" Roman asked finally, making me flip my hair over my shoulder to look at him, wrist deep in soapy water.

"He didn't come home last night, he had that look on his face, and he was pissed." I ticked off the warning signs, briskly cleaning a plate, "If that doesn't spell trouble I don't know what does."

"He's a big boy Lila." Seth reassured me, coming out from the bedroom, ready for the gym.

"Ya that's what I'm worried about." I frowned, letting the water out, "Wait for me, I'm going with you."

"Same." Roman chimed in.

I figured I would go and wear out some energy, not wanting to sit around here all day and worry. Changing I waited for Roman before all three of us walked out, heading to the gym.

JLd