Chapter 24 Settling In And Waking Up

Leaning my head against the door I slammed it gently a few times, cursing myself before walking into the living room and snatching the bottle from Dean. Plopping on the couch I threw my legs over his, Seth rocking gently in my hanging chair, looking content and happy. I brought the bottle to my lips and took a shot, barely choking it down.

"Whose Jeff?" Dean asked, tilting his head to look at me and I scowled.

"He's a guy." I hedged, picking the label of the bottle.

"We got that, I'd be a little worried if it was a girl." Seth laughed, Dean still staring at me with dark eyes.

"He's an ex." I shrugged, seeing Seth stop swinging, "It ended way before I went back to work. It didn't end bad and we still talked but I don't do awkward well."

"You have an ex?" Seth blurted out, looking horrified.

"I'm not a friggin monk Seth, I dated." I grumbled, contemplating drowning myself in the bottle.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just never thought about you like that." Seth mumbled, before turning beet red, Dean turning to look at him, "I didn't mean it like that either. I just can't picture you with an ex-boyfriend."

"What do you think I'm the Virgin Mary or something?" I snorted, taking another shot before Dean tugged it out of my hands.

"No more, you're getting a little loud darlin." Dean chuckled, bringing the bottle to his lips before passing it to Seth who took a shot.

"Am I?" I whispered, glancing towards the hall.

"Ya we should get to bed too probably. It's been a long day and you seem a little drunk." Seth grinned capping the bottle and standing.

"Ya I am." I admitted, getting unsteadily to my feet. "I'll show you your rooms."

I motioned for the to follow me, weaving a little bit down the hall and I heard Seth stifle a laugh. Opening a door I saw Seth behind me, wheeling his case, Dean heading into the bathroom. Flicking the light on I saw the chocolate brown room and I walked in, opening the closet door for him.

"Everything you need should be here but if you need anything just let me know. I'm across the hall at the end." I told him, pointing to my door and he nodded, setting his case down by the dresser.

"I didn't mean anything by the ex-boyfriend comment you know." He began, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I know, it's not a big deal." I brushed him off, knowing he didn't.

"It's just..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck, "Imagining you with a boyfriend is weird."

"Oh." Was all I could say, not sure what else I could say.

"I just can't picture you with someone else." He blurted out, looking down at me, "I mean you have me, and Roman and Dean."

"Ya I know but you guys aren't my boyfriends." I laughed.

"I know but I don't know what I'm trying to say here." He laughed nervously, "I guess I'm a little jealous of Jeff."

"You don't have to be Seth, I'm with you guys aren't I?" I shook my head, feeling flustered, "It's not like I couldn't imagine you guys having girlfriends."

"Would you be ok with that?" he questioned, watching my face.

I thought about it for a second, thinking about Dean or Seth or Roman with a girl draped over them and I mentally winced, the image hurting more than I thought it would.