Chapter 12 Making a Truce

The taxi pulled up to the huge mausoleum that my parents called their house. Paying for the ride I got out, pulling my suitcase from the back of the trunk. I was wondering if Jax was here yet but my question was answered as the door to the house flew open. Jackson came barreling out, looking ecstatic and I couldn't help the grin on my face either. Pulling out the handle on my case I began trudging up the walk, Jax meeting me halfway and grabbing me, hugging me tightly.

"You just couldn't wait till I was in the house could you?" I laughed, wrapping my arms around him before he let me go.

"Absolutely not. You're looking good, heard you went to Mexico with the company. The pictures are everywhere on the internet." Jax began, laughing as I rolled my eyes.

"Ya it was good. So tell me how are the wardens?" I murmured, letting Jax take my bag as we headed to the house.

"They're fine, don't start with them right away October. Let's try to have a nice Christmas this year huh?" he pleaded, and I sighed.

"It'll be fine. Just watch, it won't be me who starts in." I frowned, brushing my hair from my face.

"What the hell happened here?" Jax exclaimed before we went in, taking my hand and staring at the purple bruises around my wrist.

"That's nothing. Just a little accident in the ring." I shrugged, pulling my hand away.

"What the hell did you go and do now?" he groaned.

"Just got zip tied to the ropes." I grinned, walking in and taking my jacket off.

Jax just shook his head, looking exasperated and I set my bag down in the hall table, following Jax to where my parents were. They hadn't changed much and they stood up as we walked in, my heels echoing around the massive room. My dad was getting more and more grey but he had a huge grin as he spotted me. My mother was still as gorgeous as ever, every piece of her appearance in order. I couldn't remember a time when I saw my mother dishevelled. As per usual my dad was the first one to come towards me, his arms outstretched.

"There's my baby girl. You look beautiful, if a bit thin." He commented, holding me gently as I stepped into his arms.

"Hi daddy." I murmured, still feeling 8 years old when he hugged me, "I'm not thin I've just been working a lot."

"Well whatever it is I'm sure we'll fix that with Christmas dinner." He teased letting me go and moving aside for my mother.

"Hello October, you look lovely." She said softly, kissing me on both cheeks, hands on my shoulder.

"So do you mom." I mumbled, against her cheek, smelling her Chanel perfume drifting up my nose.

My dad offered me a drink which I took immediately, taking a sip before sitting across from my parents in the armchair. Jax had his own drink as he turned on the stereo, playing carols softly from the iPod dock on the mantle. They had a virtual fireplace which gave the festive feel to the house.

"That's a beautiful necklace October, can I see?" My dad asked, coming to look at the chain dangling around my neck, "Oh white gold, that's lovely."

"Dean gave it to me for Christmas." I smiled, seeing Jax look at it before sitting and giving me a smile back.

"Who is Dean? Is he your boyfriend?" my mom asked and I turned to look at her, knowing it was about to start.