Let me down

I sat at the table alone again. It was the usual since Genevieve was always late. 1 hour went by, then 2 then 3 then 4. I took the dinner and wrapped it up in the fridge. I didn't want to waste it. I blew out the candle light and I took the wine and put it back in the refrigerator. "I tried, but Genevieve doesn't deserve anything this nice".

I was really mad at Genevieve blowing me off like that without even calling or texting or anything! But it's not like I didn't know where she was. At around 2:00 in the morning, Genevieve came home. I came downstairs and the smell of liquor instantly hit me. As I got closer I smelled cologne and saw a hickey on her neck.

"Hey babe" she tried to kiss me but I wouldn't let her. "Your a 'little' too late for our dinner."

"Oh yeah I completely forgot, I'm really sorry"

"Well it's easy to forget something when you've got a guilty conscience on your mind" I snapped. Genevieve knew that I knew.

"Charlie I promise you, I'm gonna make it up to you".

"You said that before and oh yeah THIS DINNER WAS THE MAKE UP! YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE! HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR KNOWING THAT YOU'RE A LYING CHEAT!" I completely lost my temper.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I'M SORRY?!" Genevieve started getting frustrated.

"I don't know, maybe as many times as you're gonna go out drinking and partying with you ending your night in someone's bed tongue tying some guy's mouth!"

Genevieve was taken aback. Tears formed in her eyes. She came towards me and wrapped her arms around me. "I love you Charlie and I honestly mean it". She couldn't even say it with meaning let alone look me in the eye.

"Ya know?......For a while I honestly did too. But then my heart got broken over and over again and then my patience ran out" I took her arms and put them down. "You always let me down Genevieve. And I know that if I let you get away this time, we'll be back here same time tomorrow."

I went upstairs and packed my bags. "Goodbye Genevieve. It's over". I didn't turn around to see Genevieve crying her eyes out on the ground. When I walked past her, I saw a blur of her red swollen eyes that were glossy.

I put my bags in my car and turned on the ignition. I caught one last look of the house and Genevieve begging me to stay with her eyes and her lips forming the words "please don't go" in a lipsync whisper. I just looked down at the wheel and bagged out the driveway. I saw Genevieve running out on the front porch begging me for another chance.

But I tuned her out and drove away ready for this fairytale to end.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉