Bruises

You were going to hang out with your best friend Charlie. It was so you could escape the night before. You brutally beatin by your mother. She had a really bad temper. And to make matters worse, your dad left while you're mother was pregnant with you because he decided a family wasn't what he wanted. So you're mother grew bitter about it and blamed you. And she had more of a meat figure since the stress of your dad and her pregnancy. So she practically hated you for it.

She would drink profoundly and whenever you told her to stop, you would end up with more bruises and scrapes than you could count. Last night was the worst for you though. Your mother was drunk and angry because some guy stood her up after she told him that she had a kid.

So once again, she stumbled into your room and started screaming at you calling you every name in the book and then she started throwing things at you. You tried to fight back by grabbing your mother's fist since she was about to punch you. You pushed her away and tried to run, but she grabbed you and threw you down. She started kicking you in the back and then she punched you in the face.

She eventually passed out from being so drunk, so you used that opportunity to escape. You packed all your clothes and essentials and your phone and you left. You used your savings and bought a small apartment and you were able to pay the next months rent. Once you got settled in, you called Charlie over to check out your new place.

Charlie immediately came over and he bought some Subway with a 24 pack of Coke. You watched some TV and you and Charlie at your sandwiches and drank the Coke. "Hey yn can you pass me another Coke please?" "Sure".

You passes Charlie another Coke but when you stretched your arm out, Charlie saw a purple bruise on your wrist and forearm. "Yn! How did you get that bruise on your arm?!" He asked with fear in his voice.

"Oh I accidentally banged it on my table" you lied hoping Charlie would drop the subject. But he didn't, it only made him more suspicious. "It looks someone purposely slammed it down on hard concrete or wood or they squeezed it really hard". You tried not to give it away.

"Yn? Are you okay? You seem to be really quiet ever since I got here". "Yeah it's just......" You didn't want Charlie to know that you're mother gave you those bruises. "Yn, you can tell me. I'm your best friend".

"It's my mom. S-She hits me when she's drunk and......sober".

Charlie's expression turned from worried to angry. "How dare she! How long has it been happening?"

"Ever since I was a little girl" you were desperately trying to hold back tears. "That's why I rented this apartment. To get away from her especially since last night's beating".

"What happened last night?" "She got mad cause her date told her that he liked her until she mentioned that she had me and then he stood her up, so she went to the bar and got drunk and when she came home she took her anger out on me".

You went to the sink and wiped your face reveling all the bruises and the black eye you had that the makeup covered. Charlie looked shocked and horrified. "Yn we have to call the police!" Charlie said running to the phone.

"Charlie no wait! Please don't call the police..... she's my mom" you looked at him with sad eyes. " I know yn, but you're mother is very dangerous. And who knows what might happen if she finds out where you live. She might actually try to kill you!"

"CHARLIE SHE WOULD NEVER DO THAT SHE'S MY MOM!"

"Yeah, A mom with a REALLY bad temper!" Charlie stated. You started to cry, but Charlie hugged you telling you everything would be alright. Just then you heard pounding at the door. "YN IT'S YOUR MOTHER OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR!"

You were terrified! So many thoughts were racing through your head. "How did she find me? Did she stalk me or follow Charlie?" You thought. You didn't have time to think anymore, now you and Charlie had to hide. You both ran in the closet and locked the door. Charlie called the police and they were on their way.

Eventually the banging got louder and louder until you heard the door break down. Fortunately, you stuff was in boxes hidden away so your mother couldn't destroy anything. But she went from room to room screaming your name. You cried as Charlie comforted you. Eventually you're mother found you and Charlie and she grabbed you and tried to drag you out the door.

"Let go if me!" You yelled. "NO! I'M TAKING YOU HOME AND GIVING YOU A VIGOROUS TALK!"

You had no choice but to scratch your mom's arm to get free from her grip. Your wrist was throbbing since it was already bruised. You ran in the bathroom to escape your mother's wrath but she grabbed your foot and and tried to punch you, but Charlie held her back from it until the police came and pinned your mother down and handcuffed her.

Charlie picked you up and carried you to the couch. You told the police officer everything and showed him the bruises and scrapes.  He nodded and shoved your mother in a police car. You felt safer knowing that you're mother would not bother you anymore and that you had a good friend by your side.

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!!

Bye!!!😉