The Kidnapped Brookstones PART 2

*Previously on Ninjago - Guardian of Light.*

It was a normal day for the Brookstone family before it all went downhill when a certain mechanic decided to kidnap your kids!

I went to go change into my recent Ninja Gi we'd wear when we were in our early/mid 20s making me smile at the fact of how far we've come as a team, heroes and friends.

But most importantly...

As a family.

I sighed when I said that word in my head, my own family is out there probably having the worst time of their lives. I looked at the picture Cole took of me and the kids when they were only 8 and 5. That was when we didn't have a care in the world and didn't need to worry about them being hurt in battles nor villains kidnapping them.

But like any hero story...There will always be someone to ruin the peace.

"You ready?" Asked my husband as I just noticed his presence in the room we once shared in the monastery.

I stood quiet before inhaling and exhaling, "Yes...but no at the same time...What if something bad happened to them Cole? And...And most of the team doesn't have their powers...It's been at least 12 years since we've actually fought together against someone...What if we get rusty like last time back when we fought the Overlord?"

Cole gently held my hands to calm me down, "We won't. As Ninja, I think it's quite impossible to forget how to properly fight. Well let's not talk about the whole Overlord battle. We may have not fought together for a while but, we're still a team regardless. We won't let some person who I consider a monster keep our kids away from us. Adam and Emma are strong, love. I am worried too but we gotta endure for this okay? For them."

I nodded and had a memory of Adam and Emma smiling before getting determined, "Right. For them. Let's go. I'm getting worried by the second."

"Agreed. Pix and Zane have already prepared the vehicles. The rest of the team are getting weapons and devices to track down the kids. We're going to ambush whoever decided to take Adam and Emma away from us." Cole explained and what we're doing making me nod.

"Alright. Let's go." I said again as we went back to the secret base to get to our vehicles and head to the abandoned shop Pixal talked about earlier.

"I'll be in our coms as usual. I'll give you any type of update as fast as I can if something changes." Informed Pixal making Lloyd nod as he turned towards us.

"I'll be waiting for Misako. Good luck out there, Ninja." Nodded Uncle Wu.

"Alright. Thanks, Master Wu. And thanks, Pix. You're a big help. Okay guys, this is our first mission after 12 years. Let's make this one count. We get in, get Adam and Emma and we get out. No matter what. Our top priority are my sister and Cole's kids. Any objections?" Said my brother to us as we held serious and determined faces.

"Nope." Answered Jay as his wife was next, "Not at all."

"Not any here." Stated Kai as Skylor merely nodded.

"I just want my kids back." I said making Cole agree, "Agreed."

"Affirmative." Said Zane as Lloyd nodded again, "Then let's head out."

"Hope none of you got rusty these past few years!" Joked Jay.

"I'm sure it's you who's gonna be rusty, Jay." Responded Nya in her mech as we drove off.

"Gonna need some ice for that burn, Jay." Laughed Kai in coms making me smile since it's been a while since we've been like this.

"Can we focus a bit guys? I don't mean to be rude and rash but me and Angel's children are at stake here." Reminded my husband.