Chapter 58

👑Mia👑

"Mia explain."

"Well like I said he's my friend and like you know we three were out to lunch. I'm sorry that I didn't text you."

"Why do I feel like you are lying to me. Are you?" he said calmly. Vanessa, why did you have to lie? Now I feel bad for lying.

"I'm not lying to you. I was out for lunch with my friend."I say.

"Were you out with your friends or with your friend?"

"What difference does it make?"

"Well like were you out with Vanessa and that guy or just with that guy."I can tell he's getting frustrated. But I just can't say that yes Vanessa lied to you.

"I was with my friends. Now can we please go? I'm sure we have a long road ahead."

"Actually we are driving to the airport. Then we are driving to our house." he says in a dry tone. I know he's upset and he has every right to. I lied to him.

"Oh okay then." I open my phone and Nessa has replied.

Crazy friend #1

"I'm so sorry but I didn't know what to say."

Me

"You could have told the truth."

Crazy friend #1

"What? Are you crazy? Plus I didn't even say anything to Leon."

Me

"Then how did he know?"

Crazy friend #1

"Well, the client that I was with knows your fiancé."

Me

"And who was this client?"

Crazy friend #1

"You will learn later on."

Me

"Oh no no no you tell me the client. Leon is frustrated with me and it's your fault. So you tell me about your client."

Crazy friend #1
"See you in Vail."

...

Is it just me or did Leon turn up the heater? It's so hot in here. "Hey, Leon can I turn off the heater?"

"Nope, I'm cold."

"Okay."

Ten minutes pass and I feel like I'm melting. I remember I have a sports bra on. I take off my hoodie and I throw it in the back. Now that's better. I put on some music and distract myself. Still nothing from Leon he's just focusing on the road. That's good it's just that this is not normal for Leon. He usually talks well flirts but either way, it's 1000 times better than this.

"Hey, Leon. How was work today?"

"Hard."

"I forgot to tell you. I am considering going back to school. Mrs.Knight even said that she would help me with the class schedule."

"Okay."

"Leon seriously. I told you that I was out with my friends. Nothing happened."

"Okay."

"Okay then."

After 6 hours together in complete silence we finally arrived at the King's winter house. Can you imagine 4 hours in a plane stuck with him? At least I could move to the bedroom but then 2 hours in a car were awful. I miss talking to people. I open the car door and get my luggage. Leon tries to get it like the gentleman he is but like the child I am. I pull my suitcase and walk to the front door. I ring the doorbell and after some seconds Laura opens the door.