Chapter 72

👑 Mia 👑

The fairytale has ended and we are back home. We spent the most amazing 3 weeks in Italy just the two of us all day long. We tried different kinds of dishes that we prepared ourselves. We went wine tasting when we wanted to get drunk. We visited villages and castles around. Straight out of a fairytale.

But now that's all gone. We are back in New York City or the big apple. Leon is in the office while I work from home today since we don't have any meetings. If anything happens and if schedules change I'll go to the offices.

I help Susie unpack our suitcases she wasn't able to attend our wedding but I showed her all the photos we took. We are still waiting for the professional photos and videos. My phone rings The devil is calling. Even though we are married now I haven't changed his name on my phone. I still can't believe his my husband.

"Yes, mon amour?"

"Love, can you come over? We scheduled a meeting with a very important client in an hour. If you can't I can reschedule it."

"What no, I'm leaving right now. Love you."

"Love you too. Drive safe."

I end the call and change quickly to something more office-appropriate and drive to the offices. I arrive there in no time luckily there wasn't any traffic. I parked my car and hopped in the elevator. This is my first time coming here as a married woman. Married to the CEO of the company and also my boss. Nothing will change, I won't let it happen. I arrive and people look at me differently. I say hello to them and walk into Leon's office.

"Hi, baby." I say.

"Love you came just in time. These are investors for our new hotel that we are building. The one in London. I'm sorry for bringing you here on your day off."

"Nonsense it's important. By the way, have you heard anything from the Monte Carlo hotel?"

"No nothing. Thank you for reminding me though. I'm going to ask Richard for more details and what can we do to push Mrs.Lorenzi to sell. Now come here." I walk to him behind his desk and sit on his lap. I lean and kiss him passionately. We pull apart and rest our foreheads together. "I wish we never left Italy" I say. "Don't worry we will go back soon." There's a knock on the door. Haylie walks in and looks shocked that I'm in here. "The investors have arrived. They are waiting in the conference room"

We walk together to the conference room. Leon opens the door for me and I walk first. There's a group of men who are looking at me and their PA. Leon walks in and puts a hand in my waist showing that I belong to him.

"Gentlemen, ladies thank you for coming. Love, please take a seat." He says to me and I do as he says. Leon starts with the presentation.

...

"I like what I hear King. But we are going to add some things to the contract other than that we have a deal." The CEO of the other company says. Leon and he shake hands and we show greet them goodbye. They leave and we go upstairs again. We finish the rest of our workday and we finally get back home.

...

A Month Later...It's July now and nothing's changed. Our romance is still here and not dying. We still work hard and we've started building our new hotel in London. We are going to sign the contract today and read the little changes the other firm made.

We are waiting for them in the conference room. Leon's busy on his phone. He's a little upset with me cause I wouldn't kiss him. We were in the middle of a conversation about something really important. He knew that I was right and to change the topic he tried to kiss me but I stopped him.