Chapter 66

👑 Mia 👑

🥳New Years Day🥳

These past few days have been magical. Surrounded by people I love. Even though we were busy all day working and all night well I don't always kiss and tell. But I'm having the best time of my life. Today is New Year's day and we are going to the Kings for dinner.

I'm preparing breakfast for me and Vanessa. I stayed at her place last night. The last sleepover of the year. A tradition we like to keep alive.

"I can't believe my little Mia isn't a virgin anymore." Says Vanessa for the millionth time since she found out. "Nessa don't you have something else to say. Also don't you have work to do? You're a lawyer but you don't have meetings. How does that work?"

"I didn't tell you? I quit my old job and took a better one." I stop chopping the fruit.

"You were working at your parents' firm."

"That's why this new place is better. No parents so no one to disappoint."

"What are you talking about your not a disappointment. And you know that."

"Yeah yeah but now we are coworkers. I was offered a job at Leons company as one of your lawyers. But also as Leon and Chris's private attorney."

"When did this happen?" I continue with my fruit. I take some yogurt from the fridge and divide it equally for both of us. "So much you don't know."

"Then fill me up."

"I think you're confusing me with Leon. I don't offer those kinds of needs. Now I'm starving give me my bowl." She changing the topic but I'm letting it go. I know that she will tell me someday.

"So you are coming tonight. Right?"

"Yes, we are eating good food tonight." Vanessa throws her hands up and I burst out laughing and she joins me.

...

"Mon trésor I missed you." Leon hugs me. I try moving but he was stronger than me. "Baby please let me go. And I was gone for a few hours. Don't make it this dramatic."

"I think you don't love me. You only care about my money." He says looking at me jokingly. "Yes, I've told you that a hundred times before." I laugh and he joins me. "Good thing I'm using you for your beauty." I tiptoe and kiss him. "Fine by me" I say and walk away leaving him behind.

I walk into the kitchen where all the ladies are gathered. "Hello everyone. How can I help you?"

"Mia honey welcome. Can you and Sophia start on the dessert?"

"Yeah of course so let's start."

...

I finished with the dessert and now I just hopped out of the shower. It's 6 pm and dinner starts at 7:30 pm. I pull out my dress and steam it. I start with my makeup nothing complicated just eyeliner and nude lipstick. I put on my dress and my heels.

The bedroom door opens and Leon walks in. He's wearing something simple but classic. A black turtleneck and black pants. I love how fit he looks in this shirt. I'm getting wet just by looking at him. "Mon trésor let's stay here tonight. We don't have to go downstairs." He wraps his arms around my waist and brings me closer to him. I put my hands on his chest.

"Baby even though it's quite tempting we have to go downstairs. We don't have to look like the bunnies that we are. Now let's go downstairs before we give them some wrong thoughts."

"Before we go I have to tell you you look breathtaking. Have I told you how much I love you? And my love for you keeps on growing."

"Keep saying stuff like that and you're going to get me pregnant. But I love you too so much."

...

...10...

...9...

...8...

...7...

...6...

...5...

...4...

...3...

...2...

...1...

"Happy new year" we all scream. I turn to Leon and for the first time in my life, I'm kissing someone at New Years' midnight. We pull apart from each other and look around. To my surprise, it looks like Vanessa and Chris shared a kiss. They are hiding something but I won't ask. Leon and I share a look and smile he suspects something too. "Who wants some wine?" asks Ryan.

"Since I'm pregnant I'm going to bed early. This baby is making me tired. So goodnight everyone see you tomorrow morning." Sophia gets up and Austin follows her.

"I should go too. I have to get up early. Goodnight everyone." There goes Nana and after her goes Laura and Ryan. So it's just us four. Leon, Chris, Vanessa and I. We open a bottle of wine and cheer for the friendship we made this year. And to everything that brought us together. And that's Nana. We click our glasses one more time and we all go back to our rooms.

Please don't forget to vote and share it means a lot❤️

Until next time xoxo,

Summer😘