Chapter 3

👑 Mia 👑

I go inside the diner and I walk to the hostess and she showed me to her table. I shouldn't be surprised and I'm not when I see her in a "deep conversation" with an unknown boy. She looks uncomfortable well that's going to change.

"Hi babe, who is this boy sitting next to you" I said to her.

"Hi sweetie, nothing to get jealous about" and she blew me a kiss.

Looking at the boy he looks uncomfortable he awkwardly stand up and says "It was nice talking to you and don't worry"he said looking at me. "I'm not stealing your girlfriend "and he left. As soon as he was out of eyesight we started laughing and crying our eyes out .

"So what's new?" Vanessa asks. "Nothing new that you don't already know" The waiter came and got our order.

"Soooo I need to ask you something but I know you're going to say no she says. "But you promise me that you will listen until I say that I'm done. OK?"

"Ok I promise you that I'm not going to say anything till you're done."

"Ok so you know that i just moved out of my old apartment and got a new one near Central Park"

"Yeah"

"And I was thinking that with your little brother coming soon and your apartment being that small you might wanna move. So why don't you move in with me?"

"Absolutely No. You know I love you but I cannot move in with you. Plus I cannot pay the rent for the apartment. Cause I know your apartment will be hella expensive."

"Don't worry about the money you know that I come from a rich family but you are like a sister to me actually you are my sister and I don't want you to work 2 different jobs just because Mark and your mum don't want to have one. You're almost a young adult and should live a normal life go to college and have fun."

"Nessa thank you for the opportunity and you've known me since God knows how old we were so I think you know that I'm not going to accept the fact that I'm not paying rent."

"OK but please think about it and if you change your mind about moving in we can talk about rent"

"OK I'll think about it" at that moment the waiter came with our food.

As I start to dip my fries in the ketchup Nessa speaks up again.

"I mean you should really think about it. It's a great deal plus just imagine the whole scenario baby's crying and you think either Mark or Carol is going to take care of him. You will be the one taking care of him in the middle of the night/day. You already work 2 full time jobs do you need another one as a babysitter. And you won't even get paid."

"I thought we let it go. I know that I will be the babysitter but you know that the baby will be more safe with me than either of them. Now please let it go. Tell me how it feels to be a lawyer? She's a little older than me and also graduated from university earlier so that's why she's already a lawyer. She went on and on about her day at the office and her clients.

Please don't forget to vote and  share the story.
Until next time xoxo,
Summer💋