Chapter 80

👑 Mia 👑

The final part

It's a week later and I've been out of the hospital for about 2 or 3 days now but I'm still a little tired. There's a knock on my door and the door opens it's Nessa. She walks toward me and sits on the bed with me. She looks at me and gives me a smile.

"Only a few more hours and you'll be free." I know what she means and I can't wait to get out of this toxic place. Matt and I decided to move to Seattle since he's gonna open a branch there and I want to get away from New York and from all the memories that are suffocating me.

"I can't wait to start my new life there. First thing first you know I need to finish some errands and then I'm going to be free."

"Yes I know and I would move there with you if it wasn't for my job maybe in some months I can get that promotion and move closer to you or you both can come and live near me. But most important send me photos every month and send me every progress or anything that happens ok?"

"I promise."

"Good. Now let's get you ready for court."

Vanessa decided to give me one of her black blazers and some tight pants that fit my forms. I wear some black Louboutins. While Nessa does my make up I decided to text the head councillor to tell him about the new changes. A knock is heard on my door and Matt opens the door with a box in his hand. He walks toward me and I look at him and smiled. "How's my lil sister? Are you ready for the big change?"

"Well, not exactly but I'm gonna be."

"Are you ready to go to court?"

"Yes."

The drive to court is really nerve-racking. The whole drive I thought about my past that soon will be gone. I will reborn as a compltely new person. The car stops and we get out Matt, Vanessa and I are holding hands as we walk up the stairs. The courthouse is almost empty so that's amazing. We walk inside one courtroom and the rest is history. 

...

Walking out of there as a new woman. Putting my past behind now I have no past only the present and the future. Now for the hardest thing then I'll be free completely. We drive to Leon's office where Chris is waiting for me in Leon's office. Getting out of the car saying goodbye to Matt and Vanessa. I walk into the building hearing my heels click on the marble floor. Holding the paternity test and the divorce papers tight to my chest. I get in the elevator and looking into the lobby seconds before the doors close and everyone there is looking at me. The doors close and I finally breathe. The elevator dings and the doors open to his floor. I walk in without knocking. Both brothers look at me. I just stand there smirking at Leon. I walk toward his desk and he watches me as I walk closer to him.

"Here you go. The paternity test that you wanted. Since you didn't believe me." I say throwing the folder in his desk and he opens it immediately. As he read that he's the father he looks up at me speechless. "Well, now you know that I never lied to you and you killed your own child. How does this make you feel? Does it feel good? Well now that you know that here are the divorce papers I already signed so sign and then we'll be divorced." I say and throw the other file to him he reads the whole document and then looks at me.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Don't you remember the good times of our marriage?" He says and I laugh.

"When was this good time time? When you pretended? Or is it the fact that you did not love me, you just loved the fact that I was there for you. You loved the attention I gave you, You loved the fact that I would drop anything for you. You did not love me, but god, I loved you. In our relationship or whatever I messed up too but the thing is that I continued looking for happiness with the person who was taking it away from me without me knowing. I continued to give you chances and continued to expect a different result but in the end, you had no plans on changing. And the part that I hate the most is that you made me question myself when the problem was you all along. And I knew that the end was coming but even if you know it's coming, you're never prepared for how it feels. Maybe it's because we just found forever at the wrong time, and, someday, time will put you in a place where you'll miss me and I would have moved on from you. And to answer your questions. Why would I stay with the killer of my baby? Now sign the papers cause I want anything to do with you." He sees me and takes a pen. Watching him sign the divorce papers I feel a relief. I'm finally free from the Kings.

I smile as I take the papers from him and looking at him I say "This is my goodbye to you Leon King, to our good and our bad, to our inside jokes and the ones we never quite got, and to all the what-ifs we had and all the plans we made." I say and walk out of his office with my head high feeling free. And suddenly, we were strangers again. Matt was waiting for me in his car I got in and we drove off to the airport.

"How are my two favorite girls?"

"We are fine." I say putting my hand on my stomach holding my baby girl.

"We're fine."I repeat to myself.

So we drive off to the airport. Flying to Seattle where we can start our new life. A place where my daughter can call home with her aunt and uncles. I promise you my little bean everything will be alright. I won't let anyone hurt you I promise you.

THE END

Please don't forget to vote and share it means a lot❤️

Until next time xoxo,
Summer😘