Chapter 19

👑 Mia 👑

The ride back was quieter than I thought it was going to be. I guess were both tired from the wedding. Also it's only been half an hour since we started our "road trip".

Leon car was quite comfortable but even with the ac on I wasn't warm enough. So I got chills from the cold.

Leon notices that and turned on a button on the screen. But I still don't feel anything.

After 2 minutes or less I don't know my seat started to heat and it felt so good the warm seat next to my skin.

"Are you OK now?" He asks

"Yeah thank you so much I owe you one"

He smiled at my comment.

"Omg that's my song can you increase the volume?"

"Seriously."

"Yeah seriously. Who doesn't like this song I mean I know it's old but I miss the time when everything was perfect for me and I heard this song with my father."

"What do you mean by everything was perfect?"

"I mean that everything was easy even with kids saying bad things about me just to put me down for trying to be someone different. My father would always tell me that every one is different and unique like a snowflake. That day was the first time that I heard this song and was on my MP3 player."

"What happened to your father if you don't mind me asking?"

"So OK what's your favorite song?" I changed the subject because I wasn't ready to speak to anyone about my father or my childhood to anyone.

"Actually I don't believe that I have one there are so many songs to choose. What about you?"

"I think the same as you."

"Do you want to play a game?"

"What kind of game?"

"20 questions?"

"Ok I guess." I say not really sure about the idea.

"I'll start first.... do you like cats or dogs?"

"Dogs definitely. You?"

"Me too. Another question hmmm."

"I'm sorry but that's not how the game is played. One question you and one me."

"I'm sorry to inform you miss Mia but you already asked a question."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did and now it's my turn. If you could go right now on a trip were would you go?"

"Hmm.... I actually don't know somewhere in Europe. Maybe in Paris, Milano, Vienna, München, Rome, Bora Bora so many places I would love to go but never had the chance to."

"Sorry for asking but have you been to any other state?"

"Unlike you that maybe has travel the world since you were a chlid I've only been in Miami  with my father to visit my grandma but that's it."

"When's the last time you went to meet your grandma in Miami?"

"I think it was 2 years before my father passed away and after that I heard that she passed after him" I feel my eyes watering.

"You miss them right?"

"All the time a specially my father." Now there are tears. Omg Leon will think that I'm such a baby for crying so much but I can't help it. Anything that's related to my father it's a delicate subject that I don't speak with everyone.

"I'm sorry for crying so much" I say trying to clean my cheek.

"Don't worry about it here take this tissue."

"Thank you Leon" I say looking at him and giving him a smile.

"What do you think if we have a carpool karaoke?"

"Yeahhh please."

"Ok Mia you should go first. Connect your phone with the touchscreen and play whatever song."

It took some seconds to connect I'm amazed by technology this days. I feel like I'm a old lady with my iPhone 5 when everyone is updated to the new "technology". It so hard to choose a song. Finally I choose "Dancing on my own" by Calum Scott.

(You can skip it)
The lyrics🎶
"Somebody said you got a new friend
Does she love you better than I can?
There's a big black sky over my town
I know where you're at, I bet she's around

And yeah, I know it's stupid
But I just gotta see it for myself

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh oh oh
I'm right over here, why can't you see me, oh oh oh
And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own

I'm just wanna dance all night
And I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line, yeah
Stilettos and broken bottles
I'm spinning around in circles
And I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh

I'm right over here, why can't you see me, oh
And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own
And oh no

So far away but still so near
The lights come up, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here
I just came to say goodbye
I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh
And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own
And oh no

Sit down in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh no
And I'm right over here, why can't you see me, oh no
And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own

So far away, but still so near
The lights come up, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here"
The end

"Omg Mia you sing beautifully why don't you consider singing."

I feel my face turning pink.

"Oh thank you but I have other goals. Now it's your turn."

"Oh hell no I'm not singing after you."

His phone started ringing and he pulled over so I guess it's important.

" I'm sorry but I have to take this." He says

"Yeah no problem"

He left and I lower the seat and got comfortable and closed my eyes because it's 5:00 and I cannot live without my "beauty sleep".

After a few hours I think...

I felt a hand on my cheek. I open my eyes to see the most handsome man looking at me with his gorgeous blue with a hint of green eyes .

"Good morning sleeping beauty did you have a great nap."

"I've had better." I say stretching and smiling at him.

"I didn't want to wake you up but we are at your apartment."

"Oh yeah, thank you for everything." I say opening the door and smiling at him.

"It was my pleasure Mia. Good night."

"Good night Leon"

After closing the door I start walking towards the elevator and pressed the button.

Imagine if he came right now running and kissed me I would totally melt. After this day that we spent together I really have different opinion about him. He is more kind and nicer than I thought.

The elevator came and I got in and pressed the apartment floor.

Please don't forget to vote and share the story.
Until next time xoxo,
Summer💋