Chapter 11

👑 Mia 👑
I wake up to a new room and I remember what happened and felt relieved in a way that I wasn't there anymore. I don't know what I would have done if Luke didn't picked up his phone.

I decided to get out of bed and went straight to my bathroom, so I could shower and get ready for work.

I quickly showered and brushed my teeth. For the first time since the accident I saw my reflection on the mirror. I gasped when I saw the person standing in front of me.

Cuts and purple eyes this all happened because my mother couldn't tell me that she was going to escape.

I had still a little time before going to work, so I decided to cover at least the purple eye with some concealer and foundation.

I finally finished but the cuts were still visible. I took one of my old turtle-neck shirt and a pair of black pants.

After getting ready I searched for the kitchen but I could not find it and Nessa said it was small

After getting ready I searched for the kitchen but I could not find it and Nessa said it was small. It's a two store apartment in the middle of New York City I wonder how much it costs.

Before leaving, I left a note on the table for Nessa just to tell her that I'm going to work.

I don't know the road to go to the coffee shop, so I decided to call a cab.

After 15 minutes I was at the coffee shop just in time as Mrs. King opened the door.

"Morning Mrs. King. How are you doing today?" I said smiling at her.

"Morning dear. I'm fine thank you. How about you?" She says.

"I'm OK thanks for asking."

"If you need anything I'll be in my office." She says and leaves.

I quickly started working and training a new employee.

After a few hours...
I was serving coffee and sandwiches at a young couple Sarah came to me.

"Mia Mrs. King is asking for you to go to her office."

"OK thanks."

As I was walking towards Mrs. Kings office, and I was thinking about what was she going to say to me.

I knocked on her door and her say to come in. So I went inside.

"Hi Mrs. King Sarah told me that you wanted to see me."

"Oh yes dear, I need to ask you something?"

"Of course."

"OK your friend Vanessa called asking for you and she said something about her being worried because she thought that your stepdad found out we're your living. So I needed to say to you that why didn't you tell me that you had to take some days off."