Chapter 20

🏆 Leon 🏆

I saw Mia go to the reception and I went to the car. Walking towards the parking lot I think about all the things that I've learned today from Mia. A little about her childhood and one happy memory that she has.

While waiting for Mia to come I answered emails about the new project that we started. After a while Mia still hasn't come so I shut the car off and got my phone but without opening the driver's door the passengers door opened and Mia got into the car.

"Finally you came I was getting ready to come and get you." I say

"No need for that."

After that the "road trip" started.

After a while driving we hadn't said anything to each other. I turned to see her and saw that she was cold even with the AC on so I opened the seat warmer and saw that she felt the heat and got comfortable.

"Are you OK now?" I ask

"Yeah thank you so much I owe you one"

I smile at the comment.

"Omg that's my song can you increase the volume?"

"Seriously."

"Yeah seriously. Who doesn't like this song I mean I know it's old but I miss the time when everything was perfect for me and I heard this song with my father."

"What do you mean by everything was perfect?"

"I mean that everything was easy even with kids saying bad things about me just to put me down for trying to be someone different. My father would always tell me that every one is different and unique like a snowflake. That day was the first time that I heard this song and was on my MP3 player."

"What happened to your father if you don't mind me asking?" I know that I'm crossing the line but I want to know her better.

"So OK what's your favorite song?" She changed the subject. This made me to want to know more but now it's not the time.

"Actually I don't believe that I have one there are so many songs to choose. What about you?"

"I think the same as you."

"Do you want to play a game?"

"What kind of game?"

"20 questions?"

"Ok I guess."she says

"I'll start first.... do you like cats or dogs?"

"Dogs definitely. You?"

"Me too. Another question hmmm."

"I'm sorry but that's not how the game is played. One question you and one me."

"I'm sorry to inform you miss Mia but you already asked a question."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did and now it's my turn. If you could go right now on a trip were would you go?"

"Hmm.... I actually don't know somewhere in Europe. Maybe in Paris, Milano, Vienna, München, Rome, Bora Bora so many places I would love to go but never had the chance to."

"Sorry for asking but have you been to any other state?"

"Unlike you that maybe has travel the world since you were a chlid I've only been in Miami with my father to visit my grandma but that's it."

I hate the idea that she thinks of me like a spoiled brat bragging on about everything. The truth is that she doesn't know me either or neither my childhood. I guess we both have secrets about our past.

"When's the last time you went to meet your grandma in Miami?"

"I think it was 2 years before my father passed away and after that I heard that she passed after him" She says trying to hide the tears.

And I see her eyes watering.

"You miss them right?" I'm sorry brain but what question was that of course she misses them.

"All the time a specially my father."

"I'm sorry for crying so much" She says trying to clean her cheek.

"Don't worry about it here take this tissue." I say giving her a tissue.

"Thank you Leon" She says looking at me and giving me a smile.

"What do you think if we have a carpool karaoke?" I say to light up the mood but I'm really bad so I don't know why I said that.

"Yeah please."

"Ok Mia you should go first. Connect your phone with the touchscreen and play whatever song."

After a few minutes she found a song that she liked and played it. I've heard this song before and "lucky me" because if she doesn't know how to sing my ears will literally bleed.

She starts singing and I'm shocked that how good she is at singing. Why am I even surprised she looks like she can do anything.
I don't even understand myself I'm never like this giving girls tissues or asking them about themselves. I'm usually bothered by this things that's why I have don't have a girlfriend to much emotions. And with that she's done.

"Mia you sing beautifully why don't you consider singing."

Her face turned a light pink shade.

"Oh thank you but I have other goals. Now it's your turn."

"Oh hell no I'm not singing after you."

My phone started ringing and I pulled over so I could speak to one of the employees was calling me.

" I'm sorry but I have to take this."

"Yeah no problem"

I got out of the car and opened the phone call. After a few minutes finally I went back to Mia and saw her sleeping and I felt like I should do anything for her even though I've only known her for one week.

I turned down the radio and opened the seat warmer again for her.

A few hours later..

We arrived at her apartment building and she's still sleeping and if it was for me I would let her sleep. I didn't want to wake her up by saying her name and maybe scaring her so I brushed her cheek gently. She opens her eyes and I see those beautiful eyes again.

"Good morning sleeping beauty did you have a good nap."

"I've had better." She says stretching and smiling at him.

"I didn't want to wake you up but we are at your apartment."

"Oh yeah, thank you for everything." She says opening the door and smiling at me.

"It was my pleasure Mia. Good night."

"Good night Leon"

After closing the door she started walking towards the elevator.

Imagine if I went there now and pushed her against the wall and kissed her but now it's not the time I need to know her better to find out if she's different then the others. I saw her get into the elevator so I start the car again and drove off to my apartment.

Can you guess the song?