Chapter 22

👑 Mia 👑

Previously...

I walked towards her table after I took a seat she closed her office door...

Now...

Mrs.King took a seat herself she looked at me without speaking.

"Mrs.King you're scaring me can you tell me something."

"No nothing to worry about but I'm just thinking of a way to tell you this."

"Am I getting fired? Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did something I won't do it again."

"No Mia like I said it's nothing to worry about."

"Then you can you just say it."

Mrs. King looked everywhere except me. Now I felt confused because she always says what she thinks. She opened her mouth and words fell out but I'm sure she's kidding. Of course she's kidding.

"Mrs. King c..can y..you repeat th..that for me?"

"You're going to marry my grandson Leon."

"Thank you for the offer but no."

"It's not an offer I'm saying you're going to marry my grandson. Leon is okay with everything he has known about this since the first time he met you."

"I'm sorry Mrs. King you know I respect you and love you as a part of my family but I cannot marry Leon. I don't even know him so please find someone else someone he likes not me."

"Dear Mia, Leon is okay with everything look at this paper." She handed me a piece of paper with both our names Leon and Mia and under them a place to sign. Leon had already signed it.

"This is a contract for your marriage that you will be married for 1 year and if you both don't have any feelings about each other *like that is a problem, only by way the looked at you at the wedding I know that's not a problem*" she said under her breath.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you" I say to her

"Ah no nothing just something I just remembered. Now what was I saying uh.... yeah like I was saying if you both don't want to continue your marriage you can get a divorce."

"I don't understand why you need me to marry Leon."

"I want Leon and you both happy. He's been through so much but you too. So I need the two to spend more time together and *maybe I'll get some grand grandkids*" she said again under her breath.

"I'm sorry Mrs. King but no I cannot marry him even if it's only for a 1 year like you said it's too much and you don't have a say in this I'm sorry but it's the truth."

"Look I didn't want to say this but listen you remember that you signed a contract a few days or a week ago I don't really remember but that contract was about the agreement for this marriage. I knew you wouldn't read it so that's why I did it, here take it but just so you know that's not the original copy."

I took the paper out of her hand and I saw everything that was written in there. Like if I was tricked into this whole thing I would be going to jail for 2 years and I would be charged a $1.000.000.000 bill and that's because she knows that I cannot afford paying that.I feel like I was about to cry but I hold everything inside because I didn't want to show her this side of me this time.

"What happens to Leon get if he doesn't accept the contract?"

"He doesn't get my shares of the company and if he doesn't accept he will loose everything like he's businesses and he's part of my will."