Chapter 28

👑 Mia 👑

As we walked up the stairs to the front door I noticed Leon's and Chris' mom with their sister waiting for us.

"Hello my babies" said Mrs.King as she hugged them.

"Hi mom" said Chris and Leon

"Hello Mia" she said and came to hug me too. I was surprised at first but then I hugged her back.

"Hi Mrs.King" I said.

"Great to finally meet you. I was busy with the wedding so that's why I didn't greet you there. Oh and dear don't call me that it makes me feel 80 years old. call me just Laura. You three don't tell Nana I said that." she said pointing at her kids

"No problem about that Mrs... I mean Laura." I say.

"Hello everyone and tell Nana what?" Mrs.King walks towards us.

"That I ate one of the bruschetta." Laura said.

"I knew one was missing but I thought it was Jake or Ryan." Mrs.King said.

"Yeah I ate it." Laura said with a guilty expression.

"Hi Mia. Great to see you again but this time I'm calm." Sophia says

"Hi Sophia I thought that you would be on your way to your honeymoon." I say

"We postponed it for next week. But honestly I can't wait to go."

"Everyone, why don't we move to the living room until the dinner table is ready." Mrs. King said.

Laura, Sophia, Chris and Mrs.King walk to I guess the living room but I was stopped by Leon's arm around my waist.

He came close to my ear and said "Be careful of what you say from now on."

And with that he walked away and I was left there shocked. Did I say something wrong I don't know.

"Hello beautiful who are you?" asked a guy probably my age.

"Hi who are you?" I say.

"A a a I asked you first. Now who are you beautiful?" He said coming closer and tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Jake take your hands off her." a bark came from behind us but I knew that voice very well.

"Leon bro how are you? long time no see how have you been? Look at this beauty man she was just standing here and she's very mysterious. I asked for her name but nothing. Maybe you can use your charm aka your accent and she can tell us her name." Jake says while Leon comes closer to me and puts his arm around my waist.

"Jake don't talk about my girlfriend like that that's the first and last time ok?" Leon says pulling me closer to him and I put my hand on his hard chest.

"Oh since when do you have a girlfriend? I know that I traveled to Europe but I didn't think that you would hide something like this from me man. And I thought that you were done with relationships since you know." Says Jake

I felt Leon tense next to me and I see that his jaw is clenched. I wonder what he meant by done with relationships. Right as I was about to ask, we hear Laura calls us to the dining room. Jake walks before us and again Leon stops me from walking.

"What's with the whole "stop Mia from walking" , Leon? Do you have a problem or something and what did you mean with what you said earlier?" I say standing in front of him but still with good arm on my waist.