Chapter 61

*MACKENZIE'S POV*

I decided to buy the red shorts, but not the white blouse. I put on my jeans again, with my baggy 'I love Ice Cream' shirt. I went quickly, and got the red dress, and red pair of shorts. I left the dressing room, and no one was there. Guess they were looking at some clothes for themselves. I shrugged, and Nick came in. 

"Hey," he said, and looked at me. As soon as he did his eyebrows furrowed. He moved closer, and adjusted my shirt. I looked down, and saw that my bra was slightly showing. Nick placed it over my shoulder, but didnt distance himself away. 

"Another one? Seriously?" Someone asked, making me jump in fright. Nick distanced himself away from me, and gave me a view of who it was.

"Lou, relax. We're just friends. Are you gonna create another rule saying that I cant have guy friends?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm not an over protective brother," Lou defended himself, making me roll my eyes. 

"Yes you are." I said, kind of tired. Not my fault, it was already 1am.

"No I am not. I just dont like it when you are always with other boys." Lou said. 

"I'm so sorry Lou. I didnt know that I couldnt have guy friends." I told him, kind of in a mocking tone.

"MacKenzie." Lou said in a warning tone. 

"What? What's my next bloody rule, huh Lou?" I asked him. "Lou, you can be my brother. But you havent acted like one." I told him seriously.

"And you havent acted like my sister!" He yelled, pointing at me when he said 'you', and then pointing at himself when he said 'my'. 

"Yeah, I guess so. But its different. I've been your sister your whole life, when you've only been a brother through half of mine!" I yelled at him. "You dont know what I've been through, Lou. My life broke into a million pieces again, and where were you? You were helping Niall, who broke my heart into a million pieces, instead of helping me. I should have known that your friends come before me. And I guess they always have, but I was so oblivious to it. I thought you were supposed to be there when I needed you, like I was always there when you called, and needed me. So dont you dare try to play the victim here." I warned him. 

"I'm not trying to play the victim!" Lou argued. 

"Yes you are!" I said, anger clear in my voice. 

"No, I'm not!" Lou yelled.

"Yes you are!" I screamed. 

"Why cant you just let me be your brother again?" 

"Because you werent there Lou! You freaking werent there!" I screamed at him. 

"Are you ok?" Nick asked, placing his hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath, and nodded slightly. I had almost forgotten that he was there. 

"Yeah. Let's just leave." I told him.

"How long do you think it will last?" Louis suddenly asked, his voice much calmer now.

"What?" I asked him, looking into his eyes. They were filled with sadness and guilt.

"Running away." He shrugged. 

"I dont know." I said, looking away from his eyes.

"Well, I hope it ends soon. Because I dont want to loose you." Lou said in a sad tone.

"Neither I you." I told him. I hated to admit it, but it was true.

I knew that sooner or later, I would have to stop too. But probably later. I'm still kind of broken now. I mean, I'm good whenever I dont think about them, but when their songs on the radio, or when we bump into each other, I feel a piece of myself break again. I need to stop doing this to myself.