Chapter 3

Tears started to brim at my eyes as the memories of those nights came back. 

"Sorry," Izzy said, then she turned to Lou, "I'm really sorry Louis. I shouldn't have said all those things." I could tell that she felt bad about what she said, which made me wipe the tears before they ran through my cheek. 

The silent became deafening, and I felt like screaming. All we could listen to was my sniffles, muffled my Izzy's shoulder.

"Mac, I'm so so so sorry. I was so caught up with being famous, that I forgot-"

"About me?" I said cutting him off, eyebrows raised. "You were my only friend Lou. I didn't need you all the time. I just needed to know that you'd be there."

"I know." he said with gentle eyes. He came next to me and wrapped an arm around me.

"Well, now that that's settled, what time is the party?" Liam asked, trying to break the ice.

"Tom asked us to be there at 10." I said with a small smile, my eyes down.

"So we'll get there at like, 10h30, right?" Izzy said, checking with me. I nodded in agreement. The boys went into their own little world, talking and discussing their private lives. 

"Izz, should we buy clothes for tomorrow?" I asked, looking at her curiously. 

"Yeah, sure. I heard there is a sale in Forever 21!" she said, with a bright smile. 

"Really?" 

"Yes!" she said, and the two of us squealed. Our smiles broadened, before we noticed the boys' confused and disturbed looks at us.

"What are you two doing?" Zayn asked, the only one brave enough to speak up..

"Nothing. We're just going to go shopping, there's a sale in Forever 21." I said with a smile. 

"Can we tag along?" Harry asked, the boys eagerly looked at us with hope.

"Sure," Izzy said with a shrug, before we went on to discuss malls, and stores and what they should wear compared to what we would wear. 

"I'm so sorry Kenz," Lou whispered, pulling me closer to him. 

"Its ok." I said with a nod, trying to give him a smile. 

"No its not. I should have invited you to spend a week with us on tour, or at least come visit you." he said, making me smile for real. He really should have. 

"It's ok Lou. What's done is done." I shrugged, the smile making me feel giddy. "Now, how's Eleanor?" I asked about the girlfriend I never got to meet. 

"Well, she's kind and sweet, and likes too party. But you're too young to go out partying with her, right?" Lou asked with a hint of a joke in his eyes.

"No I am not." I said, shaking my head. "I'm 16 you know?" 

"I know. I'm still getting used to that you know. But I'll try to get used to it and treat you better." he said with a nod.

"Pinky promise?" I asked, raising my pinky at him. 

"Sure," He said, rolling his eyes at me. His pinky laced with mine, the promise sealed.