Chapter 63

I woke up the next morning in John sister's room. Juliet, John's sister, was older than us, married, and had a two year old daughter. She doesnt live in London, because she moved a few years back with her husband. We used to be kind of friends, but we didnt see each other that much. Anyways, once she left, she said that her room could be used for when John's friends sleep over.

I rolled over on the bed until I was at the edge. I saw Court sleeping in a cushion on the floor. I said I could sleep there, but she insisted that I could sleep on the bed. I wasnt in a mood to fight, so I just agreed to it.

I sat up lazily, and looked around Juliet's old room. It still had some of her high school stuff in here, but it has my stuff too. I went to the bathroom, and brushed my hair with the brush Juliet's leaves here for when she visits. I put my hair into a high pony tail, and go downstairs, silently, not to wake up Court.

I went to the kitchen, and found John there, eating and looking like he was deep in thought. When I came in, he didnt even hear me, or look at me.

"Hey Mr. Deep In Thought. What's up?" I asked him, getting myself a bowl.

"I was just wondering." John asked blankly. I sat beside him, and filled my bowl with cereal.

"About?" I asked, pouring some milk into my cereal.

"Court." He says, and I put the milk cartoon on the table. I looked at him shocked and confused.

"What?" I asked him. He doesnt answer, and just keeps looking to the wall blankly. "Do you like like her?"

"Yeah. I think so." John said, still focused on the wall.

"But," I started, but cut myself off. I've never seen John like this. He doesnt fall so easily for a girl. "Are you sure about this?"

"I dont know." He said, and finally turned to look at me. "It's just that she seems different."

"Well, if you really like her, than go get her." I told him. "But before, can you take me to a photoshoot?"

"Sure." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks." I said, hugging him, and rushing upstairs.

I opened the door to the room and Court isnt in her bed. I hear some shuffling in the bathroom, and go there. When I opened the door to the bathroom, Court is combing her hair dirty blonde hair. I noticed that she wasnt wearing her pjs anymore, and was now wearing a white pair of denim jeans, and a purple baggy top.

"Hey," she said when she noticed me.

"Hey," I said.

"What's up?" she asked, while putting on some lipstick.

"Why are you getting all dressed up?" I asked her, slightly confused. She stopped putting on her lipstick, and looked at me. She bit her lip nervously, as if she didnt know if she should tell me or not.

"Promise to keep a secret?" She asked.

"Sure." I smiled at her. "Spill."

"I think I like John." She said, not making any eye contact.

"What?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"I think I like John." She repeated.

"Like, like like John?" I asked her, shocked and excited.

"Yep." she smiled brightly at me.

"That's great." I said, and walked over to hug her.

"It is?" she asked confused.

"Yeah, sure." I said pulling away from the hug.

"But dont you like him?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course I do. Just not that way. As I said yesterday, John is like a brother to me." I told her. "Now, I've got to get changed. We're going to a photoshoot."