Ramshackle House -5-

You sucked in a breath. "Yeah... Sorry about the orientation fiasco." Crowley sighed heavily. "I suppose it cannot be helped. But never mind that. This is a most unfortunate turn of events. I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven Collage after all. Surely you realize that I cannot very well admit a student with no magical ability to my academy, much less a female." You smiled sweetly. "I understand. Don't worry about."

He smiled in return. "But worry not. The Dark Mirror will see you safely home. Now, step into the gate, and visualize the place you whence you came." Walking up to the mirror yet again, you looked at yourself in the mirror before shutting your (E/C).

You pictured your home, your room. Filling out every little detail you could.

Soon, this will all be over...

Crowley cleared his throat and raised a hand to the mirror. "Oh, Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!" You waited a few seconds with your eyes closed, expecting to feel some sort of fluttering feeling resembling something magical.

After awhile, you peeked an eye open, finding yourself in the same room with the same man next to you. You looked up at him curiously. "Uhm, headmaster?"

Crowley chuckled nervously and cleared his throat yet again. "Well, l-let us, er...try this again. Oh, Dark Mirror! Return this soul—"

"There is no such place."

"Huh?" Both you and Crowley questioned.

"There is no place in this world where this soul belongs.
None."

Crowley's eyes widen as you looked up to him in worry. "How can that be? My, but today is a veritable cavalcade of impossible phenomena!" He said adjusting his mask. "This has never happended throughout my long tenure. I must confess that I am at something of a loss. Tell me, Y/N: From what land do you hail?"

You told him where you were from, the country right down to the road. Crowley tapped his chin. "I'm afraid I am not familiar with such a place. I am intimately acquainted with the origins of every student who has ever come here, and yet... This mysterious homeland of your eludes me."

"I don't understand. I-It's real, I know it is. I-I don't even know how I got here!" You babbled out nervously. What did this mean? You were on earth, right? Your breathing hitched ever so slightly.
Would you ever see your home again...?

Crowley gently landed a hand on your shoulder. "Let us go to the library and look it up, shall we? I'm sure there'll be some information on your homeland. Come along now." He said turning you around and leading you out of the room. Just as you were about to walk through the door, you turned back to the mirror.

Normally you'd be beaming at a library this large in size. It was a long hallway with chandeliers lining it, two story with a purple carpet on the ground. The most spectacular thing about it though had to be the floating books flying around. Crowley and you were seated at one of the library's study tables which was filled with books, maps, and even a globe. Yet nothing sparked recognition. In fact, it just made you even more confused. Land of Pyroxene, Scalding Sands, Afterglow Savannah? These places don't even exist where you're from.

Crowley sighed and snapped his book shut. "Just as I'd suspected. Nothing. Not only is your homeland not listed on any map from any point in history. Now, are you QUITE sure that you come from such a place? That wasn't some sort of lie, or jape?" Your eyes widened. "No. Of course not. I just want to go home..."

Sure this world was fun, but you were ready to go. All you wanted to do now after almost being burned alive on several occasions was hug your father, take a shower, and go to sleep in your own bed.

The headmaster hummed. "If that's the case, the only explanation is that you've come from another planet. Or perhaps you were summoned here from another dimension?" Your jaw dropped. "Another dimension/world?" Sure you've seen plenty of movies with extraterrestrial worlds and dimensions, but usually that was because of science. Magic is just... well, not real. At least up till now it was.

"Show me everything that you brought here with you. Do you have some form of identification, a driver's license perhaps? Or even a...shoe? You do seem a tad bit...empty-handed." Crowley asked slowly. You began to pat down your robes. You didn't even have your phone on you in Mrs. Mildred's library. To be fair, it was only supposed to be a quick run. Not being transported into a new world. Even your shoes were different.

You shook your head. "No, I'm completely empty handed." Crowley sighed and stood up, a frown on his face. "Well, this is quite the predicament. I cannot have someone with no aptitude for magic bumbling about my magic academy. And yet, as an educator, I am loath to expel a young lady such as yourself without a cent to her name, any ability to contact her guardian, and into an unknown area... Truly, my grace is boundless."

You clicked your tongue in aggravation.

"Hmmmmm... Ah! There is a vacant building on this campus. It was, in fact, used as a dorm a long time ago. With a proper cleaning, it should be habitable enough, even for a lady such as yourself. Out of the profound kindness of my heart, I will allow you to live there for the time being."

You smiled at him greatly, but couldn't you have just stayed in another, functional dorm instead of an abounded dorm, but you suppose beggars can't be choosers. "Thank you very much Crowley, sir!" He grinned proudly. "Of course, Miss Y/N. In the meantime, we will investigate other ways to send you home. Dear me, but I am a gracious man indeed! A model educator, one might say. Well then, I shall take you to your dorm straight away. It is an older building, but it has plenty of...character, one might say. Now, hurry along."

Like a lost puppy, you followed Crowley through the school. Throughout the entire walk, Crowley constantly spoke of how gracious he was which you simply nodded along to. It was practically torture.

Eventually you reached your destination. You had expected a place just slightly worn down, not a full on haunted house. The gates were a twisted black iron bars with sharp points on the ends. A giant spiderweb hung on the tree near the gate and the house itself was a complete mess. The wood was a light brown while the roof was dark green. However, everything seemed to be either broken or rotting. The most concerning part was the wooden barricades over the window.

You glanced over at Crowley only to discover he was already looking at you with questioning eyes. You gave him an unsure smile. "It's... lovely. Very rustic." He smiled and nodded. "Indeed. Isn't it delightful? Right, scoot inside now. There you go." He said while pushing you slightly on the back and into the house just as rain began to start falling.

You couldn't tell if it was worse on the outside or the inside. Dust covered nearly everything. Spiderwebs were positioned at every corner. In fact, more than half of the black and white striped furniture was broken.

Crowley patted your shoulder. "This should keep the elements at bay for the time being. Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself. But don't let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!" With that, Crowley had made his exit as quick as his arrival.

Cautiously you stepped deeper into the late dormitory. Two green books sat on the floor in front of you. You picked them up before walking over to the fireplace and placing them on top of the mantle.

Then went back to your original spot to turn over both the wooden rocking chair and table. In the far left of the dorm, there seemed to be a closet. When you opened it, you were met with the pleasant surprise of cleaning supplies. Taking out the broom, you began to sweep the wooden planks of... wait, this dorm didn't have a name. Maybe you could think of one. What would be as cool as the other dormitory names...?

"Gee! It's a ramshackle in here! Better than the pouring rain at least."

"AHHH!"