Breaking Point -53-

"Shyeheehee! Managed to swipe 'em without a hitch, huh?" Ruggie asked, coming to stand next to you with his hands on his hips. Leona only whistled in response. "Y'know, your compulsive pickpocketing never ceases to amaze me." He commented. The hyena put his hands up in a defensive stance with a chill smile. "Hey, if you wanna keep somethin' safe, you gotta keep your pockets secured too. I'm still not over how many contract scrolls there are. I count around five to six hundred."

Leona scoffed and examined his nails. "Hmph. He's probably been trapping people in contracts and stockpiling 'em since long before he enrolled. Now that we've got the contracts outside the VIP room, that just leaves one thing to do..." He closed his eyes in concentration. "I am the one who hungers. I am the one who thirsts. I am the one to rob you of your future—"

Unfortunately, halfway through his spell, Azul bursted out of the VIP room with crazed eyes. "Hold it!" He screamed while pointing an accusing finger at the lion. Leona pursed his lips in annoyance at being interrupted. "Whoops. That was quick.
Don't come any closer, or the contracts are toast." He said while holding up a golden contract.

Azul ran up, stopping just a few feet away from the taller male. He quickly adjusted his glasses and gulped. "G-Give them back... Give them back now, if you please!" He said. You blinked, not used to Azul in such a... valuable state. He hadn't even seemed to notice you yet from how caught up he was in trying to get his contracts back.

The lion let out a devilish smirk. "Hey now, at least try to sound composed. Have you decided to drop the cool act altogether?Judging by the way you're panicking, herbivore over there was right on the money." He said. Azul began to blink, eyes finally meeting your in confusion and shock.

"Wait... what?" He mumbled in disbelief.

Leona then began to explain the conversation that had happened this morning with both Ruggie and Grim present. "So what you're saying is that the contracts could be breakable when they're stored in the vault?" Leona asked you, leaning back on his bed nonchalantly.

You nodded. "Yes, that's exactly why he has the vault." Grim, who was perched on your shoulder, furrowed his eyebrows. "Huh? 'Scuse me? What? How would that work?" He questioned. You didn't get the chance to answer as Ruggie began to speak, hand perched under his chin.

"Ooh, now that you mention it, yeah! Something doesn't quite add up right, huh? If Azul and his boys are right, and the contracts are totally unbreakable and jolt anyone who touches them... Why would they need to keep 'em locked up tight in a vault at all? They could just leave 'em around anywhere, like Leona does with his wallet." He said with a grin.

Grim's electric orbs lit up in realization. "Oh! Now that you mention the vault... Remember how freaked out he got when the vault got a little dinged up?" He questioned, turning to you to ask. You nodded. "No wonder why he had gotten so mad at Floyd the last time."

The hyena nodded. "Yeah, huh? It's just common sense to put valuables in a safe, so I didn't even question that part. Who knew our pampered prince's inability to tie his own shoes in the morning would be the key to solving this mystery?" Ruggie said with an innocent smile.

A hand came up to cover your giggles. Leona glared at the two of you. "Tch. You always hafta get in a dig." He sneered. Ruggie only shrugged before continuing on with the topic at hand. "Y'know, I'm startin' to think that whole bit about the contracts electrifying people was another bluff on their part." He commented.

You only clicked your tongue. "I wouldn't be surprised, honestly." Grim's, on the other hand, jaw dropped. "What did mew say?!" He babbled out.