Classes of NRC -19-

Your first class had several two-person desks in it with cauldrons scattered around them. Various strange liquids laid in different shaped oddly vials were on shelves and the desks, too. Hopefully Grim wouldn't get too hungry in this class. The four of you took the two desks in front of the main cauldron. Ace and Deuce sitting together while you and Grim sat at the next table over.

A tall man with a large, furry black and white coat walked over to you, hitting one of his hands with a large, red pointer that had a dog collar attached to it. His whole aesthetic seemed to be black and white from his hair to his shoes with only a few splashes of red. He grinned at the four of you, but it seemed to be more of a smirk.

"Ah. You must be my new homeroom students." He looked at Grim, "Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed. My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel." You smiled at him. "Oh! You must be the one who made me this uniform. Thank you so much, Mr. Crewel."

The man smiled back. "Of course, puppy-dear. I'm always more than happy to design any sort of clothing for you. And do let me know if you need anything. I know that bird Crowley isn't the most attentive in the world. Why, putting a lovely puppy like you into a shabby house like that. How awful! Oh, and do tell me if anyone is acting out of sorts towards you. Naughty puppies deserve a punishment, yes?" You nodded. "Thank you, sir."

Giving you one last quick grin, he turned to face the rest of the students. "Take your seats, everyone. Class is about to begin." He yelled. "We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains. The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly." He finished before turning around to grab something.

Deuce leaned over to you. "Huh. So... does anyone know what a mycelia is?" He whispered, careful not to be caught by Mr. Crewel. You leaned back with a grin. "I've read about those before. I think they're a bunch of fungal threads or hyphae." You said in response.

The navy blue haired male hummed. "Oh... What's fungal and hyphae?" He asked. You simply sighed and shook your head with a small smile. "I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know? I'm not like Miss know-it-all bookworm over there." Ace said while leaning back in his chair and throwing his thumb in your direction. You glared.

Grim took ahold of one of the bottles on your desk containing a bubbly pink liquid to examine it. "All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones." Your face softened even though there was still a trace of tiredness. "At least you'll know how not to poison yourself." You mumbled.

The next class was history of magic. The classroom was very neat and filled with books. The desks were lined up next to each other, some higher than others. Ace and you sat in front while Grim and Deuce sat behind you.

An old man draped in maroon cloth walked to the front of the class with a black cat in his arms. At least Grim wasn't the only animal in this school.

"I am your History of Magic teacher, Mozus Trein. And this is my familiar, Lucius. You are here to learn the rich history of magic, and how it has sculpted the world which you now so easily take for granted." He said calmly while stroking the cat who purred in response.

"I grade based on classroom behavior as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping." Oh, you would do just fine in this class. Now all you had to worry about were your three companions. Mr. Trein cleared his throat. "Now, let us open our books to page fifteen. This section concerns the magestones discovered in the Dwarfs' Mine..."