Spelldrive! -39-

Crowley looked over, surprise crossing over his features. "Mr. Rosehearts? And I see you're with... Ah." The bird mumbled. You looked over to see Riddle with his head held high and various students behind him. "Trey!" You exclaimed with a smile before running over to him to embrace the boy.

He laughed, fixing his glasses. "Hey." The green haired male said adoringly before happily hugging you back. "Correct. They are the victims in this incident." Riddle told Crowley as you slowly drew yourself away from the Heartslabyul vice housewarden. Trey looked up. "Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims, I have a request for you. We would like you to permit Savanaclaw House to play in the tournament despite their crimes." He said. You blinked in surprise.

The headmage's eyes widened. "What...? Are you saying...you wish to forgive their crimes?" He questioned in confusion. Ruggie tilted his head. "You guys..." He drew out. Jamil, who was standing next to Trey, shook his head and crossed his arms. "No. That's the last thing we want." The tan skinned boy said blankly, venom dripping from his tone.

Trey nodded, smiling in agreement before a somewhat dark look flashed over his eyes. "If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we'll lose our chance at revenge." He said calmly. You sighed. Of course it was about revenge. Ruggie's jaw dropped, stepping back with wide eyes. "Wh-whaaat?!" He shouted.

Jack raised his eyebrows. "Revenge?!" He exclaimed. Riddle shrugged. "After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus." Trey nodded, adding on to Riddle's statement. "But during a Spelldrive game, it's all in the name of sport, right? It just happens to be a sport where players face off using the fullest extent of their magic." He said nonchalantly.

A Heartslabyul student nodded. "Yeah. If we lose our chance at revenge, it'll gnaw at us all year!" He exclaimed. A boy in a purple outfit with gold trims, a Pomefiore student perhaps, nodded. "We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!" He declared.

Jamil surveyed the area. "Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even worse shape than we're in." He mumbled.

"What we're saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester." Trey explained. Cater smirked over to the lion. "You've said it yourself, Leona—fighting doesn't break school rules if it's a part of a Spelldrive match!" The orange haired male exclaimed.

Riddle crossed his arms, pursing his lips in the process. "Normally, I would demand their heads. But if Trey and the others insist on settling their grudges on the field... I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once." He forced out, slightly annoyed with the outcome. You gave him a small thumbs up for his decision. He glanced back, cheeks reddening at the action but proud of himself nevertheless.

Crowley put a hand on his chin in thought, humming as he processed the idea. "I understand where you're coming from. However, the question is: Are these Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field? Mr. Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!" He exclaimed while gesturing towards the lion.

The boy in question only let out a few deep laughs, smirk crawling onto his features. "Heh heh... Ha ha ha! Don't you underestimate me, Crowley. I wouldn't even need to be awake to handle this sorry pack of wounded herbivores." He mocked, but this time it seemed more like a competitive banter.

Jamil's eyes widened, slightly tilting his head. "Wow. Now THAT is audacious." He said, nearly sounding impressed. But... you knew better. Leona raised his chin. "I got no intention of bowin' to anyone. If you want my apology, come and take it." He said.

Trey looked over at the headmage with an eyebrow raised. "Do we have your blessing, Headmage?" The bird sighed, putting a hand to his head and gently shaking it. "Dear me. Aren't I the fool for thinking you all wanted to talk about your feelings? Your petition is granted. Savanaclaw will be allowed to participate in the tournament, as originally planned. And as headmage, I very much appreciate that this will keep our little scandal under wraps as the whole world is watching." He said slowly.