An Ally -35-

"All right, where's Ruggie Bucchi?!" Grim yelled as he hopped into the classroom. Everyone looked at him whether it be in shock or curiosity. You quickly ran up to the cat with Cater and Riddle at your sides before shooting Professor Trein an apologetic look while whispered sorry for interrupting his class. Trein pursed his lips.

Ruggie, who was leaning his head on a hand, looked up. "Right here. Ah... It's you guys again. I really hope this isn't about that deluxe grilled cheese. We traded fair and square." He said with an exaggerated sigh. Riddle stepped forwards, hands behind his back. "Ruggie Bucchi, we need to ask you some questions about the spate of injuries that have befallen prospective Spelldrive tournament players."

A large grin spread across his face. "Oh ho." He exclaimed. "This sounds like some serious business." Cater sweat dropped at Trein's hard stare. Not quite a glare but certainly getting there. "How about we move to the hall and keep this in the figurative DMs, if you catch my drift?" He said slowly while cautiously backing out.

The dirty blonde put his hands up, slowly moving out of his seat. "I'm cooperating. Let's all try to be gentlemen, now." He said while walking out the classroom. As the five of you exited the room, Trein sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Crowley, I swear to seven." He mumbled before continuing to teach.

Once in the interior hallway, Riddle stood in front of Ruggie with his chin held high. "Very well. While we do not yet know exactly what transpired, it is abundantly clear that your signature spell is a dangerous one. I will be casting Off With Your Head to—"

Ruggie tilted his head with a sly smile, effectively cutting the redhead off. "But Riddle, are you sure you should be casting such a powerful spell without your magical pen?" Riddle immediately looked at his overcoat and hands in confusion. "Huh Wait...what?! What happened to my magical pen?!"

Grim gasped, pointing to Cater. "Hey, Cater! Your pen's gone too!" He exclaimed. The orange haired male began to pat down his chest. "You're kidding me! How?!" He yelled. Ruggie laughed, slowly backing away as he dangled the two red magic pens with a smirk leaving the four of you a gaping at him. "Shyeheehee! Children of privilege, every one of you. So unprepared. So complacent. Like stealing candy from a baby."

The gray cat jumped. "Myah?! He casted his spell to snatch your pens away without us even noticing?!" He shouted. Ruggie waved his hand. "Puh-lease. As if I'd need magic to do that! Anyway, having a showdown in the hallway is not on my agenda for today, so I'll be on my way. Toodles!" He said with a wave before dashing away.

Growling, Grim began sprinting after him on all fours. "Hold it right there!" He shouted. Riddle's face turned red. "Curse you! You will halt if you value your head! Off With—" You immediately grabbed his arm, pulling him back with a worried face.

You gently held his elbows, effectively keeping him grounded. "Riddle, don't. You're still recovering from your overblot. We'll get him, I promise, but we're all gonna need to be calm when we do it, okay?" You said softly, slowly moving your hands to cup his face.

He let out a small sigh, nodding, almost instantly calming down in your hold. "Alright." He mumbled while closing his eyes and bringing his own hands up to meet yours.

Suddenly there was a snort from down the hallway. "Dude, your flamingo-feeding outfit was insane. Who knew they made leopard print in hot pink?" A familiar voice laughed. Deuce's face lit up red in embarrassment. "L-Look, it's not like I had a choice! It's all I had in pink! And don't say it aloud, Y/N might hear you!" He hissed.

Cater grinned towards the two. "Oh! Ace, Deuce! You boys are a sight for sore eyes!" He shouted. The two looked up. "Huh? What's going on?" Ace questioned in boredom.