Shocking Plan -49-

"Finding a way to tear up an unbreakable contract? Sweet! It's def underhanded, but hey." Ace said with a shrug. You and your freshmen friends were all currently huddled near a window in the 2F hallway while your upperclassmen went about their studies. Ace and you were sitting on the large, stone window sill side by side, Ace's arm wrapped around your shoulders as he leaned into you in an almost snuggly position. Grim was next to you, happily chowing down on a sandwich while Deuce and Jack stood next to him.

Deuce hummed, his hand coming to his chin as he pondered. "That approach does seem like it would have a far better prospect of working. I have to agree with Ace here, though." He admitted. Grim glared at him. "Aw, shaddup! If we stick to our morals, we'll be stuck with morays!" He shouted.

You gulped at the thought.

The wolf gave a stiff nod. "That, and Azul's group cast the first stone. They told us to get a photo from under the sea, fully intending to thwart us at every turn. Leona may play dirty, but he's a brilliant playmaker. I think his idea's worth a shot." Jack said with his arms crossed, lightly sighing and shaking his head in the process.

The navy haired male deadpanned. "Can we maybe not say the same thing over and over?" Grim suddenly shivered just as he had finished off his sandwich, paws coming to hold his own small elbows. "Brrr. Just remembering those twins chasin' us around in the water gives me the shivers!" He whined.

Deuce pounded a fist into his palm with a growl. "Rgh. If only blastcycles worked underwater. Then they would've been eating my dust!" He declared. Ace hummed, leaning his cheek onto your shoulder with a small nod, his fluffy, strawberry blonde brushing against your jawline in the process. "Uh-huh. Suuure, Loosey-Deucey. So... Mermen, huh. The Leech brothers are morays; I get that part. Is Azul like them when he's under the sea?"

Your eyebrows suddenly crunched at his words. "Huh. I never thought of that. Do you think Azul could a merman himself?" You questioned. Jack tapped his chin in thought. "Well, I do remember Leona referring to him as a cephalo-punk, for what that's worth." He said.

The spade eyed boy raised an eyebrow. "As in, cephalopod? So is he, like, an octo-merman?" He asked. Grim paled, yelping as he hugged your side with wide eyes. "Myah! If he got a bunch of legs in the water, he'd be even more dangerous than the morays!" The cat cried in distress.

Jack huffed. "No kiddin'." He said. "Which is why we're trying to brainstorm an approach that doesn't involve fighting them on their own turf." You nodded, slowly pulling Grim into your lap. "Our first job is locating where he keeps those contract scrolls. I'd bet they're in that giant safe in the VIP room. I mean, where else would he have put them?" You said. Jack nodded thoughtfully. "That vault in the VIP room did stand out like a sore thumb..." He mumbled.

Grim jumped up, stubby hands reaching out into the air with a smile. "Great! There's our angle. Let's sneak into Octavinelle right now!" He declared, jumping out of your lap and beginning to wander down the hallway. Deuce nodded. "Nobody should be there on lunch break before the lounge even opens. Let's go."

Once Ace had finally released you from his hold, you, him, Grim, Deuce, and Jack all headed to the Octavinelle dorm, carefully peeking around corners and into door wedges in hopes of avoiding any stragglers. Grim poked his entire head into the VIP room through the small crack of the door. "The coast is clear. Okay, boys and Y/N, follow me!" He ordered, slipping the rest of his body through.

Gingerly, you all stepped into the VIP room. Jack looked around. "Looks like you were right. There's not a soul in sight." He mumbled. Deuce walked behind the desk, crouching down to examine the safe. "The vault's double-locked. It needs a passcode and a key." He said with a hand to his chin.