Crowley's Offer -15-

"Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" The headmage squawked before looking up with wide eyes.

"... Excuse me?" You questioned slowly.

Crowley put his hands on his desk with a shocked expression, slowly leaning forward. "I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it.
And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." Your eye twitched. You were going to have to start a count on how many times you did that.

Grim, who was currently on your shoulder as your hands were occupied by gently cradling the magestone you almost died for, growled. "Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" He yelled out.

The headmaster put a hand to his chin and cocked his head. "A 'Monster'..?" He quoted.

The minute you, Grim, Ace, and Deuce had stepped through the dark mirror, you had bolted to the headmage's office, eager to show him your accomplishment. The two boys now stood stiffly on each of your sides in confusion, shock, and annoyance. Ace stepped forward. "Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" He exclaimed while throwing his arms in the air.

Crowley pursed his lips. "Would you kindly relate this story in full?"

So the four of you retold the story from the moment you had first entered to woods to where you were now. Well, it was more like you told the story while the boys added side-notes and complaints. Crowley seemed to eagerly take in the information being given to him, nodding along with your story.

As you finished, Crowley looked at you four curiously. "Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?" He questioned slowly as if he spoke any faster you wouldn't understand.

Ace scoffed and kicked the ground lightly. "I don't know that I'd call it "working together." He mumbled. Deuce folded his arms in front of him while avoiding eye contact. "It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..."

Crowley was silent for a moment, sitting up straight. Suddenly his hand lurched to his chest, humorously large tears springing from his eyes. "Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh!" He cried weirdly.

The three of you slowly backed up, blank looks on your faces while Grim slipped into your arms and magestone securely on Crowley's desk. Grim looked up to you. "What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!" He whispered-yelled to you as the other two boys crowded at your sides, unsure of what to do.

The bird wiped his tears away, sniffing a bit. "In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!" He cheered.

Ace and Deuce both jumped back and away from each other, offended looks on their faces. "Whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Deuce shouted while pointing at Ace like a two year old accusing their brother of making a mess.

The redhead raised a finger. "Okay, one, there was no joining of hands." He glanced at you but you didn't seem to notice, too focused on trying to figure out how this dude got a job at all, "G-Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?"

The man ignored him, raising from his chair and swooning in front of the great seven portraits. "At this moment, I am moved beyond words." Then hopefully he would shut up. "This incident has proven my hopes were justified. Y/N, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster!" He declared with outstretched arms.