Fight for the Stone -14-

You, Ace, and Deuce all stood bravely at the entrance of the mine, Grim securely in your arms. Though you knew he'd never admit it, you felt the feline shaking nervously in your hold. He looked up with questioning eyes. "Y/N... Is this plan of yours really gonna work? I'm sca- I mean, I'm a little... uh, hungry."

Smiling a little, you looked down at the cat. You nodded confidently. "I think this could really work!" You proclaimed. Deuce smiled before taking the first steps inside the mine. "It really could. Let's go, Y/N!" Ace's eye twitched in annoyance. "I'm here, too." He stated blankly.

Once you four made it to the area the ghost seemed to be stationed in, you nodded at Grim as he jumped out of your arms. "Ready, Grim?" He mumbled out a quick 'sure' before stepping into the view of the ghost. "H-hey, monster! I'm uh... I-I'm over here!" He shouted nervously.

The monster snapped it's head to the noise before screeching out, "Grrraaawrrr! BEGOOOOONE!" Grim jumped and ran over to your position. "He's comin' our way! Y/N!" You nodded in understanding before stepping into view, waving your hands frantically in the air. "Right over here, monster!" You shouted.

It's head whipped up to you, starting to fly even faster towards the two of you. The inky monster started to roared, "Grrurgh? Thieeef thiiis waaay tooooo... Neeevvva giiive stooones! Neeevvvaaa!" It screeched angrily. Grim picked up his pace, now about a foot in front of you. "Eep! If it lands one of those punches, we're toast!" He shouted in distress.

You leaned down a bit while still running. "Let's lure him as far from the cave as we can." You said before taking a sharp right turn. "Begooone! BEGOOOOOOONE!" It screamed like a child throwing a tantrum.

Eventually you saw Ace waiting anxiously at the end of your current path. You signaled to him to get ready. Upon seeing your excited face round the corner, Ace immediately let out a silent sigh of relief. You may have proven yourself to be someone who can take care of herself, but you were still human. A magicaless one at that. If it wasn't for the lack of other options, Ace would have rejected the plan to let you run face first into danger. Of course, even if he did, he doubted you would listen. He'd also deny he was rejecting it for your sake.

Stopping once you were side by side with Ace, you waited for the monster to round the corner. Any second now...

The minute his big, burly frame appeared, you nodded towards the two boys, smirks plastering on all your faces. Ace waved his magic pen. "One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!" Grim jumped up with matching enthusiasm. "With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire! MYAAAH!"

Just as they had done to the Queen of Hearts statue, Ace let out a large gust of wind which Grim mixed his fire into. Giants blasts molded together and created a blue tornado that ran straight into the monster forcing him back with a scream. You positioned your hands in front of your face in order to protect yourself from the blistering heat. "Grrraaahhh?" The monster questioned out angrily.

Ace laughed gleefully. "How's that taste?! With my winds fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno!" Grim scowled. "Whaddaya mean "feeble"?! Ya really don't know how to shut yer mouth, do ya?" He complained.

As the ghost and fiery tornado started backing up, you shot a determined look over at Deuce. "The monster's afraid of our flaming tornado! Now's our chance!" You signaled.

Deuce took a deep breath and readied his magic pen, deep breaths in, deep breaths out. "Okay, Y/N and the plan is counting on you." He mumbled quietly before pointing his pen at the ghost who was nearly consumed by the tornado. "Just stay calm, aim carefully... and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of... Get 'em, cauldron!"

You raised your eyebrows at Deuce's choice of object, but never less let it go. The ghost looked up, not quite comprehending what was about to happen. "Gwaaah?!" Suddenly the cauldron smashed down onto the monster making it let out a groan in pain.