Practice Makes Perfect -75-

After Crewel's class, your group headed towards the gymnasium where you changed into your gym uniforms. Then you showed everyone some of the tutorials videos Cater sent, but before actually starting, the boys insisted on doing stretches. Guess it was the fact they were both in sport clubs.

As he stretched his arm over his chest, Ace closed his eyes, put on the snobbiest face he could muster, and began to intimidate Vil with a horrible attempt at the latter's accent. "Your moves are all utterly unchoreographed. It's embarrassing to watch, frankly, and woefully inelegant, to boot."

Grim joined, crossing his arms over his chest and doing an even worse impression. "You get a five out of one hundred!" Oooh, he makes me so mad! I'm gonna wow 'em at the audition with my slick moves and dulcet tones! They'll be all like, "Please, oh Great Grim, you have to represent us!" Just you wait and see." The cat threatened. You smiled at him. He really was too cute to be scary.

Giving the cat a side eye, Ace hummed. "Yeah. Totally. Sooo... Deuce. You changed your mind about auditioning. What gives?" The strawberry blonde questioned. Deuce raised a determined fist up. "I'm not taking all that smack talk lying down! Besides... I'm a little worried about that guy." He responded with a little shrug.

"You mean Epel?" Ace asked. Deuce nodded. "Yeah. He didn't seem like he was taking part in the SDC because he wanted to." You nodded in agreement at the male's words. "I got that impression as well. It almost seemed like he was afraid of his housewarden." You wondered aloud.

Deuce crossed his arms and closed his eyes. "Back when he and Y/N bumped into each other, he was crying. As a honors student, I can't ignore someone being forced to do something against their will." The Heartslabyul student announced. You grinned at him, secretly swooning on the inside at his cute and big-hearted he was.

Ace raised an eyebrow. "Y'know, a real honors student wouldn't refer to themselves as one. Epel's clearly faint of heart. I mean, just look at the guy. Forcing someone like that to compete just seems mean. That's why I say we put on a better performance than Epel's. We can knock him out of the running for the contest ourselves. You said it yourself, right? "It's not appropriate to audition on a lark when you're not serious about gunning for the top spot." If he doesn't want the spot, we'll take it for ourselves." The male explained.

You pointed at him with an eyebrow raised. "And you're sure this has nothing to do with you wanting to win, right?" You questioned rhetorically. Ace sighed. "Oh, c'mon, Y/N. Let me be the "good intentions person" of the group once." He complained. You rolled your eyes with a small, amused smile. "Whatever you say."

Grim then spoke up. "Well that plan sounds good to me! Let's start with some dance practice. Y/N, cue the music!" The cat ordered. Nodding, you started up the music and laid your phone on one of the bleachers to watch.

As the song played it's first notes, Ace turned towards the group. "Okay, let's run through the whole thing once first. You up to this, Grim? I can't imagine you having any dancing experience." The strawberry blonde asked with a smirk. Chucking, Grim rubbed his paws together. "Heh heh. I'll show you what my hind paws can do!"

With an unsure look, Deuce scratched his cheek nervously. "I practiced as much as I could, but I wonder if I can pull it off. Could you help us stay on the beat by clapping your hands, Prefect?" He requested. You nodded. "Sure. Looks like the song is about to start. ...and, go!"

Surprisingly, Ace seemed to do pretty well during the first try. His moves were on beat and he seemed to have the dance almost fully mesmerized. "Sweet! That was easy." The male exclaimed victoriously at the end of the song.

Meanwhile, Grim and Deuce were getting the hang of it... slowly, but they were trying. "Hold your right hand out as you back up, and... Wait, which foot do we use?" Deuce questioned, an arm outstretched in front of him so he was in a strange looking pose. You bit your lip and looked down at a tutorial video. "Uhh... left."