Charred Queen of Hearts -9-

You stared at the boy in shock, face flushed with embarrassment and anger, but you probably should have expected it. He didn't exactly seem like the most genuine of people. You don't really care what some annoying little freshman thinks of you, but it brought back some memories of the kids at school calling you a werido, nerd, and know-it-all for answering a few questions in class. You just hoped Grim was able to let it go before he did something stupid.

Ace doubled over, arms crossing his stomach as he howled with laughter. "Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic, and the monster no on summoned at all. It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!" You crossed your arms at his outburst in annoyance.

"H-hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!" Grim shouted back. You couldn't exactly tell if he was embarrassed, angry or both.

Ace continued. "So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!" Okay, that was just unnecessary. You opened your mouth to speak, trying to calm the situation down and persuade the freshman to be on his way. However, like always, Grim had to get in his point. "What did you just call me?!" He glared.

"And you're both so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not a one of them! Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten? Ah ha ha ha ha!" Your eye twitched. What a jerk? Who just walked up to two random people and started smack talking? He probably barely passed kindergarten himself.

Grim started to growl. "Grrrrr..." Okay, now you had to settle this before the situation got out of hand and Grim went on a burning spree again. You took a deep breath, still rather annoyed yourself. "Okay, let's all just... relax, yeah?"

The redhead snickered. "Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast! Unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" With a salute with two fingers, Ace turned around and began walking away.

You sighed and shook your head before turning around. "Let's go, Grim. No use in wasting our time on some jerk. Just let it go, okay-Grim?" You had meant to glance at him at, hopefully walking beside you, maybe pouting. Instead, you had to turn your head around to see your stupid cat running towards the freshman.

"Myuh-uh! You ain't walkin' away from me! It's too late for that! Myaaaaah!" You stumbled forward, reaching and arm out to hopefully grab him before he did something stupid. "Grim, No!"

Before you could even graze his fur, Grim blew out a blast of fire. "Woah!" Ace exclaimed before side stepping out of the way. Despite being a jerk, you were still glad he hadn't been hit. Grim growled. "No one makes fun of Grim, Master of Fire! I'm gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!"

Ace smirked and grabbed a pen with a red gem on top, much like the one Riddle had. The boy raised an eyebrow. "Explodey-head?! You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts. You wanna talk hair, huh? I'm gonna shave you like a toy poodle!" Toy poodle? Are these like, popular sayings here or are these guys just talking to talk.

The redhead swiped his arm with the pen causing a large gust of wind to blow into you and Grim.

"Oh!"

"Myaaaaah!"

Just before you fell over, you steadied yourself. Grim however, being much smaller, ended up toppling over. Ace smirked at you two. "Oh-ho! How do you like that?" Grim yelled out in anger after jumping back onto his feet. "Grim, wait-"